Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re: Can't use Update

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't use Update
Posted to the windowsupdate newsgroup via crosspost

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"pcnerd" <pcnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F442565-0885-4677-A62D-F924BA6F41C5@microsoft.com...
>I recently reinstalled XP Pro & now Update doesn't work. Every time that I
> try to install updates, it fails. Why? What do I have to do to correct the
> problem?
>
> Thank you.
> David

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't use Update
"pcnerd" <pcnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6F442565-0885-4677-A62D-F924BA6F41C5@microsoft.com...

> >I recently reinstalled XP Pro & now Update doesn't work. Every time that I
> > try to install updates, it fails. Why? What do I have to do to correct the
> > problem?


Best guess:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't use Update
Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Method 1 is usually sufficient.
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org


"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Posted to the windowsupdate newsgroup via crosspost
>
> --
> Peter
>
> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>
> "pcnerd" <pcnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F442565-0885-4677-A62D-F924BA6F41C5@microsoft.com...
> >I recently reinstalled XP Pro & now Update doesn't work. Every time that I
> > try to install updates, it fails. Why? What do I have to do to correct the
> > problem?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > David

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
pcnerd
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't use Update
Alright, it worked! I registered the dll & Update works! Thanks!

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> "pcnerd" <pcnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6F442565-0885-4677-A62D-F924BA6F41C5@microsoft.com...
>
> > >I recently reinstalled XP Pro & now Update doesn't work. Every time that I
> > > try to install updates, it fails. Why? What do I have to do to correct the
> > > problem?

>
> Best guess:
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> Harry.
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
j1789
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't use Update
Will the same procedure help if I have Windows 2000. I can't get updates
either. Can anyone help with this?

--
j


"TaurArian" wrote:

> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
> installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> Method 1 is usually sufficient.
> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Posted to the windowsupdate newsgroup via crosspost
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "pcnerd" <pcnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F442565-0885-4677-A62D-F924BA6F41C5@microsoft.com...
> > >I recently reinstalled XP Pro & now Update doesn't work. Every time that I
> > > try to install updates, it fails. Why? What do I have to do to correct the
> > > problem?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > > David

> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
instAllshield update service update manager vista error requirespermission Nunya Beeswax microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 12 04-16-2009 03:03
Extraction failed "update\update.exe is not a valid win32 applicat Kelly microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 06-18-2008 18:07
Latest Windows Update/Vista Update Speeds up Boot/Startup Ross M. Greenberg microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-29-2008 01:22
Article ID: 927532 When you use Windows Update to install an update in Windows Vista, the update may not appear in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
RE: Windows update error 80070103 - Beta 2 Vista NVIDIA Driver Update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBIdW1waHJleXM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 15:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120