update failed

Sgt

update failed
I have a laptop that keeps telling me I have an update to install.
Security update office power point viewer 2003. KB949041.
whether I use automatic update or download it from update site it has
failed.
I don't have office2003 installed it came with a trial version which I never
installed.
why does update keep failing to install?.
Thank You
There is a power point viewer 2003 installed that shows up in programs tab.

Re: update failed
1. Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer (PPV) 2003.

2. Download/install PPV 2007 SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...C-3E151E4DC790
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Sgt wrote:
> I have a laptop that keeps telling me I have an update to install.
> Security update office power point viewer 2003. KB949041.
> whether I use automatic update or download it from update site it has
> failed.
> I don't have office2003 installed it came with a trial version which I
> never
> installed.
> why does update keep failing to install?.
> Thank You
> There is a power point viewer 2003 installed that shows up in programs
> tab.

TaurArian

RE: update failed
The update is failing for the viewer as it can't find the source file.
Remove the 2003 viewer and IMHO use the 2007 viewer from here -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=sk
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Sgt" wrote:

> I have a laptop that keeps telling me I have an update to install.
> Security update office power point viewer 2003. KB949041.
> whether I use automatic update or download it from update site it has
> failed.
> I don't have office2003 installed it came with a trial version which I never
> installed.
> why does update keep failing to install?.
> Thank You
> There is a power point viewer 2003 installed that shows up in programs tab.

TaurArian

RE: update failed
English version of the viewer -
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"TaurArian" wrote:

> The update is failing for the viewer as it can't find the source file.
> Remove the 2003 viewer and IMHO use the 2007 viewer from here -
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=sk
> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Sgt" wrote:
>
> > I have a laptop that keeps telling me I have an update to install.
> > Security update office power point viewer 2003. KB949041.
> > whether I use automatic update or download it from update site it has
> > failed.
> > I don't have office2003 installed it came with a trial version which I never
> > installed.
> > why does update keep failing to install?.
> > Thank You
> > There is a power point viewer 2003 installed that shows up in programs tab.

Sgt

Re: update failed
Thanks for your help PA Bear.
At the present I have no Power Point files to view on the Lap top, but at
least I wont be nagged to install update that tells me it failed.
Thanks again to all for your suggestions.
Would you recommend installing the same PPV 2007 SP1 on my desktop as I have
PPV2003 on it but have not advised to update the version on my desktop. It's
working fine.
> 1. Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer (PPV) 2003.
>
> 2. Download/install PPV 2007 SP1:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...C-3E151E4DC790
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Sgt wrote:
>> I have a laptop that keeps telling me I have an update to install.
>> Security update office power point viewer 2003. KB949041.
>> whether I use automatic update or download it from update site it has
>> failed.
>> I don't have office2003 installed it came with a trial version which I
>> never
>> installed.
>> why does update keep failing to install?.
>> Thank You
>> There is a power point viewer 2003 installed that shows up in programs
>> tab.

Re: update failed
Short answer: Yes.