Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

no updates

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
lifesuckedme
 

Posts: n/a
no updates
Automatic update site is disabled and i tried my maximum to enable but vain.
BITS was enabled by me.
even i am not able to browse any update sites . my virus status is perfect.
i tried even after after uninstalling Norton to.
please help me.
my security centre is also not opening.

please..........
i ve little knowledge about this internet.

just today i tried to scan live from microsoft i got following ..

"We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system.

You need Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000
Professional, Windows Server 2003, or Windows 2000 Server. You also need
either Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or MSN® 9.0 or higher."

BUT friends i am not able to browse any site of microsoft to get such
products to download. i can browse all remaining sites in this world. i am
quite upset now.
support group site of microsoft i can't browse ..i used both IE and firefox.
i have Windows XP version5.1 SP1.
internet AOL wireless.
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in advance..



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
lifesuckedme
 

Posts: n/a
RE: no updates
in services.msc i got error 1058
i tried again again to enable..i didnot succeed . my BITS enabled by me now..

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: no updates
Considerations:

System may be infected with malware "Vundo"
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

Service does not start and displays "Error 1058"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584

You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an
"Error 1058" error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896224

"Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058" error
message when you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838428

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org


"lifesuckedme" wrote:

> in services.msc i got error 1058
> i tried again again to enable..i didnot succeed . my BITS enabled by me now..
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
[Even if your machine wasn't infested with hijackware...and it is...you'd
need to have WinXP SP2 or SP3 installed to be able to get any updates.]

You have a Vundo-ZLOB-SDBot infection, all protected by a rootkit.

Given your years of careless attitude towards security (i.e., not keeping
the machine fully patched at Windows Update at all times), I'd recommend
formatting & reinstall Windows.

See this discussion: http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28580
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


lifesuckedme wrote:
> in services.msc i got error 1058
> i tried again again to enable..i didnot succeed . my BITS enabled by me
> now..

<paste>
> Automatic update site is disabled and i tried my maximum to enable but
> vain.
> BITS was enabled by me.
> even i am not able to browse any update sites . my virus status is
> perfect.
> i tried even after after uninstalling Norton to.
> please help me.
> my security centre is also not opening.
>
> please..........
> i ve little knowledge about this internet.
>
> just today i tried to scan live from microsoft i got following ..
>
> "We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
> doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system.
>
> You need Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000
> Professional, Windows Server 2003, or Windows 2000 Server. You also need
> either Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or MSN® 9.0 or higher."
>
> BUT friends i am not able to browse any site of microsoft to get such
> products to download. i can browse all remaining sites in this world. i am
> quite upset now.
> support group site of microsoft i can't browse ..i used both IE and
> firefox.
> i have Windows XP version5.1 SP1.
> internet AOL wireless.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
lifesuckedme
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates

thanx a lot for responding me..yes i started scanning for virus ..the virus
is the same that you have mentioned.
but i need windows XP 2 to fix my problem..please from where can i get that?

you know that i am not able to browse download site of microsoft ..
you also mentioned that for error , i couldnot browse
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584.

since i need to fix these problems before i become Enable for Automatic
update.
till i remove my virus i cannot enable my update sites it seems.

thanx in advance..please help me...

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
To whom are you replying?

lifesuckedme wrote:
> thanx a lot for responding me..yes i started scanning for virus ..the
> virus
> is the same that you have mentioned.
> but i need windows XP 2 to fix my problem..please from where can i get
> that?
>
> you know that i am not able to browse download site of microsoft ..
> you also mentioned that for error , i couldnot browse
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584.
>
> since i need to fix these problems before i become Enable for Automatic
> update.
> till i remove my virus i cannot enable my update sites it seems.
>
> thanx in advance..please help me...


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
To me via you I think !
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> To whom are you replying?
>
> lifesuckedme wrote:
> > thanx a lot for responding me..yes i started scanning for virus ..the
> > virus
> > is the same that you have mentioned.
> > but i need windows XP 2 to fix my problem..please from where can i get
> > that?
> >
> > you know that i am not able to browse download site of microsoft ..
> > you also mentioned that for error , i couldnot browse
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584.
> >
> > since i need to fix these problems before i become Enable for Automatic
> > update.
> > till i remove my virus i cannot enable my update sites it seems.
> >
> > thanx in advance..please help me...

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
You won't be able to get SP2 or do anything much until you get rid of "Vundo".

http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

Manual removal is not recommended for this threat. To detect and remove this
threat and other malicious software that may have been installed, run a
full-system scan with an up-to-date antivirus product such as the Microsoft
online scanner (http://safety.live.com). etc

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org


"lifesuckedme" wrote:

>
> thanx a lot for responding me..yes i started scanning for virus ..the virus
> is the same that you have mentioned.
> but i need windows XP 2 to fix my problem..please from where can i get that?
>
> you know that i am not able to browse download site of microsoft ..
> you also mentioned that for error , i couldnot browse
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584.
>
> since i need to fix these problems before i become Enable for Automatic
> update.
> till i remove my virus i cannot enable my update sites it seems.
>
> thanx in advance..please help me...
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
lifesuckedme
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
i am replying to you..TaurArian
my vundo is not leaving my computer.
C:/windows/system32/urqRJBTM is the infection shown by VundoFix V7.0.6
but i am not able to fix that..
can i manually delete it.....?
thanx in advance..
now i am scanning with windows live scanner...but this is my second time. i
got the error in first time..
i am not able to browse others site of Microsoft...including download and
support.
thanx again again..
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: no updates
You need professional assistance with this problem which I am unable to
provide you.

If you can post to: Security - Viruses
OE client -
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...security.virus
or
Web client -
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

or take it to a computer dealer.

IMHO - if it's that bad, it might be time to start afresh (save what you
can).

Good luck.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"lifesuckedme" <lifesuckedme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ECACA669-2C71-4788-8178-B0CE7388ADB5@microsoft.com...
>i am replying to you..TaurArian
> my vundo is not leaving my computer.
> C:/windows/system32/urqRJBTM is the infection shown by VundoFix V7.0.6
> but i am not able to fix that..
> can i manually delete it.....?
> thanx in advance..
> now i am scanning with windows live scanner...but this is my second time.
> i
> got the error in first time..
> i am not able to browse others site of Microsoft...including download and
> support.
> thanx again again..



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Can't change Automatic Updates or check for updates! VKGT microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 07-01-2008 06:27
Automatic updates not working/cannot restore hidden updates johno microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 06-26-2008 15:07
RE: I can download updates but unable to Install Multiple Updates jordiebz microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 06-17-2008 04:12
install updates on turn off - how to edit / cancel updates John Boy microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-12-2008 22:17
30 Updates Failed? Not Showing Up On Install Updates or Hidden Upd Glock(^*^)Headshot microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 03-08-2008 09:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120