After repairing XP I have this error message

bknight

After repairing XP I have this error message
When I tried to go to the update web site I received the following message.

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x8007043B) yourself.

Re: After repairing XP I have this error message
What problems were you having that you thought a Repair Install might fix?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

bknight wrote:
> When I tried to go to the update web site I received the following
> message.
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x8007043B) yourself.

TaurArian

Re: After repairing XP I have this error message
When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x8007043B error
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True

See also Error 1083 mentioned in this article:: -
You may receive an error message that contains the "0x8DDD0018" code or the
"0x80246008" code when you try to download updates from the Microsoft
Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910337
Additionally, when you click Review your update history and when you view
the %Windows%\Windowsupdate.log file, you may see the following error codes:
0x80200013 & 0x80246008
Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in
does not implement the service. (0x8007043B)

or try registering the following:

Click Start, select Run and type (pressing enter after each one and wait for
the success message):

net.exe stop wuauserv
Press Ok

Repeat for the following:
regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 atl.dll

net.exe start wuauserv

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"bknight" <bknight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to go to the update web site I received the following
> message.
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x8007043B) yourself.

bknight

RE: After repairing XP I have this error message
The lap top began to freeze up and the freezes were becoming more frequent.

"bknight" wrote:

> When I tried to go to the update web site I received the following message.
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x8007043B) yourself.

bknight

Re: After repairing XP I have this error message
Thanks from another board I was given more or less the same instructions.
After doing so the update page was operating as normal, but all updates
failed to initialized. I finally downloaded SP3 manually and installed
locally. Everything seems to operating as should be now.