Re: Windows update error Code 8024402C

TaurArian

"Ann-Louise" <AnnLouise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:19B9422C-2FA1-4D7C-BE0F-2207962CE1DA@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting this error for the dowload centre and have followed the
> instructions on the help site to fix but still get the error. I have Vista
> home premium and also cannot manually download updates as when I do it
> opens
> a new page in internet explorer and the freezes and I have to use task
> manager to close the page. I have even tried turning off my firewall and
> still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Xposted to Windows Update as well.

Ann-Louse, if you are directly connected to the Internet or to a home
network -
Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.

Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
check box, and then click OK.

You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
the Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

Windows Update error 8024402C
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Ann-Louise

Re: Windows update error Code 8024402C
Hi TaurArian,

I have tried doing this also and it still does nothing. I have even found
some other posts and went through the Microsoft Update Centre to try to get
SP1 for Vista, but I keep getting error 8DDD0023... I have looked at the
suggestions for this and none seem to fit as I am downloading directly to my
computer (not over a network), I have permissions and room on my computer for
the download... I have tried this over several days and still get the same
problem... Any ideas?

Thanks
Ann-Louise

"TaurArian" wrote:

> "Ann-Louise" <AnnLouise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting this error for the dowload centre and have followed the
> > instructions on the help site to fix but still get the error. I have Vista
> > home premium and also cannot manually download updates as when I do it
> > opens
> > a new page in internet explorer and the freezes and I have to use task
> > manager to close the page. I have even tried turning off my firewall and
> > still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

> Xposted to Windows Update as well.
>
> Ann-Louse, if you are directly connected to the Internet or to a home
> network -
> Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
> click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
>
> Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
> check box, and then click OK.
>
> You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
> the Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Windows Update error 8024402C
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update error Code 8024402C
* Reply sent only to the Windows Update newsgroup only *

What is the installed antivirus/security suite ?
Which firewall is being used ?

What add-ons have been installed in Internet Explorer ? Open Internet
Options in the Control Panel or open IE, click Tools > Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab and then the Manage Add-ons button.
Please post the add-ons installed, under Publisher, that are not from
Microsoft.

Also, post the section of the WindowsUpdate.log that includes the
0x8DDD0023 error code. Click the Start orb and then type in
windowsupdate.log in the Search box.
Open the log and scroll all the way down towards the bottom for the most
recent entries.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten