Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error number: 0x80070424

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
mario
 

Posts: n/a
Error number: 0x80070424
Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error number: 0x80070424
0x80070424 = ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

mario wrote:
> Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
rossssssssssss
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error number: 0x80070424

hi am gettin Error number: 0x80070424 at upadte an its no lettin me turn on
updates a had xp style on pc ,but have taken boot pic of noo still no updates
man. v5.1 bulid 2600.xpxp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234 3p3 ,dell dim 5000
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 0x80070424 = ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
>
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> mario wrote:
> > Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error number: 0x80070424
pls bgin nw thrd thx

rossssssssssss wrote:
> hi am gettin Error number: 0x80070424 at upadte an its no lettin me turn
> on
> updates a had xp style on pc ,but have taken boot pic of noo still no
> updates man. v5.1 bulid 2600.xpxp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234 3p3 ,dell dim 5000
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 0x80070424 = ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
>>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> mario wrote:
>>> Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009
Antonie
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Error number: 0x80070424
I have this too. Updates cannot be accessed

"mario" wrote:

> Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error number: 0x80070424

"Antonie" <Antonie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84BF8151-7C40-4BB1-97A5-1D9D87153695@microsoft.com...
>I have this too. Updates cannot be accessed
>
> "mario" wrote:
>


>> Error number: 0x80070424. What does that mean?



<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x424
1060
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
</cmd_output>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Error number: 0x80070424] Gary Liong microsoft.public.windowsupdate 6 07-16-2009 00:01
Re: Error number: 0x80070424 CliffSongs microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 06-11-2008 14:31
Re: Error number: 0x80070424 TaurArian microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 06-11-2008 11:35
Re: Error number: 0x80070424 farlingarst microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 04-17-2008 03:53
Re: Error number: 0x80070424 farlingarst microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 04-17-2008 03:38




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120