Assuming Windows XP -
Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
You cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature on a Windows XP Service
Pack 2-based computer
The Automatic Updates feature is turned off in the Security Center.
Additionally, you cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature.
When you try to install updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site,
you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Verify that BITS is correctly configured and started:
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. In the Startup type box, click Manual, and then click Apply.
4. Click the Log On tab, and then verify that the service is enabled in
every hardware profile that is listed. If the service is disabled in one or
more hardware profiles, click the hardware profile, click Enable, and then
5. Click the General tab, and then click Start.
If that's all okay, then perhaps:-
1. Click Start.
2. Choose Run.
3. In the Run box, type (pressing okay after the command) :-
If that didn't help, then perhaps reinstall the Background Intelligent
Transfer Service, follow these steps
You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
the requested page" error message when you try to install an update
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
"mario" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> Error number: 0x80070424