Cannot connect to Update

Terry

Cannot connect to Update
When I try to connect to windowsupdate.microsoft.com or support.microsoft.com
or even download.microsoft.com I get the following error message: The page
cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had
its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services. I tried to do the Regsvr32 thing that
someone suggested, restarted and still nothing. Does anyone have any
suggestions? This is a very annoying problem and I would love to have it
resolved.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Cannot connect to Update
"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4D65418-8EE1-42D1-8E74-BBA6636B8207@microsoft.com...
> When I try to connect to windowsupdate.microsoft.com or support.microsoft.com
> or even download.microsoft.com I get the following error message: The page
> cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had
> its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

> HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services.

That message means that you have access to a server
but I suspect it is not the right one, in which it could just be regarded
as a problem with your DNS.

> I tried to do the Regsvr32 thing that someone suggested,

Details?

> restarted and still nothing. Does anyone have any
> suggestions? This is a very annoying problem and I would love to have it
> resolved.

This isn't really a problem with WindowsUpdate. It's a problem
with getting the right addresses on the Internet, so a better newsgroup
to post about it and get suggestions for diagnosing it would be one
which specializes in networking for your OS. You haven't disclosed
your OS so I can't make that specific redirection for you.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Terry

Re: Cannot connect to Update
I am able to surf the rest of the internet, but just not those particular
sites. Anyone have a clue on how to solve this problem? It would be nice to
fix.
Thanx,
Terry