XP SP3

grog28

XP SP3

I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
never in the same place. Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me
an error code
0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption. Why doesn't Microsoft
address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?
Kayman

Re: XP SP3
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:22:01 -0700, grog28 wrote:

> I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
> never in the same place.

Have you read the release notes and requirements prior
downloading/installing SP3?

> Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me an error code
> 0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption.

Why don't you Google for it?

> Why doesn't Microsoft address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?

Huh, drank too much grog?
hodgepog56

Re: XP SP3
Im having the same problem. It starts when it checking the hard drive. it
just stops. Is there not a disk update that they can send to you.

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:22:01 -0700, grog28 wrote:
>
> > I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
> > never in the same place.

> Have you read the release notes and requirements prior
> downloading/installing SP3?
>
> > Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me an error code
> > 0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption.

> Why don't you Google for it?
>
> > Why doesn't Microsoft address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?

> Huh, drank too much grog?

grog28

Re: XP SP3

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:22:01 -0700, grog28 wrote:
>
> > I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
> > never in the same place.

> Have you read the release notes and requirements prior
> downloading/installing SP3?
>
> > Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me an error code
> > 0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption.

> Why don't you Google for it?
>
> > Why doesn't Microsoft address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?

> Huh, drank too much grog?

1. I Have read the release notes and requirements prior
downloading/installing SP3 and it didn't work.
2. I Googled for it and it did the same thing.
3. I haven't had grog in many years. but thanks for the idea.

grog28

Re: XP SP3

"hodgepog56" wrote:

> Im having the same problem. It starts when it checking the hard drive. it
> just stops. Is there not a disk update that they can send to you.

[grog28] It stops usually at the "Building Cabinets" section but not
everytime. There probably Is a disk but I haven't tried that yet. Let me know
if it works for you. Today after a few freezes I tried to download it (four
times) again and I got an Error message each time. I couldn't find the
translation of the error code.

> "Kayman" wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:22:01 -0700, grog28 wrote:
> >
> > > I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
> > > never in the same place.

> > Have you read the release notes and requirements prior
> > downloading/installing SP3?
> >
> > > Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me an error code
> > > 0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption.

> > Why don't you Google for it?
> >
> > > Why doesn't Microsoft address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?

> > Huh, drank too much grog?

Kayman

Re: XP SP3
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:47:08 -0700, grog28 wrote:

> "Kayman" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:22:01 -0700, grog28 wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried several times to download xp sp3 and each time it freezes up and
>>> never in the same place.

>> Have you read the release notes and requirements prior
>> downloading/installing SP3?
>>
>>> Today I can't even down load it-it keeps giving me an error code
>>> 0x800706BE, of which I cannot find the desciption.

>> Why don't you Google for it?
>>
>>> Why doesn't Microsoft address these problems without charging an arm and a leg?

>> Huh, drank too much grog?

> 1. I Have read the release notes and requirements prior downloading/installing
> SP3 and it didn't work.

Release notes need to be read and understood and
pre-downloading/installation requirements need to be implemented. They
don't work by themselves.

> 2. I Googled for it and it did the same thing.

Did you Google for: 0x800706BE ????
My search shows: Results 1 - 10 of about 4,010 for 0x800706BE. (0.14
seconds)

> 3. I haven't had grog in many years. but thanks for the idea.

As a matter of fact I'v got one right now, cheers :-)

Re: XP SP3
0x800706be - The remote procedure call failed

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/