KB946648

dnede

KB946648
This update will not install. I get an Error Code: 0x8007F0ED

Can anyone give me advice what to do to get it to install?

ALSO I have tried numerous times to install SP3 and toward the end I get
blue screen and the update does not take place. I have read everything that
is prerequisite before installing, but to no help

Re: KB946648
Is this a sudden, new problem?

(if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you
attempted to install WinXP SP3?

Has a Norton, McAfee, and/or ZoneAlarm application ever been installed on
this machine?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

dnede wrote:
> This update will not install. I get an Error Code: 0x8007F0ED
>
> Can anyone give me advice what to do to get it to install?
>
> ALSO I have tried numerous times to install SP3 and toward the end I get
> blue screen and the update does not take place. I have read everything
> that
> is prerequisite before installing, but to no help

CatPet

RE: KB946648

"dnede" wrote:

> This update will not install. I get an Error Code: 0x8007F0ED
>
> Can anyone give me advice what to do to get it to install?
>
> ALSO I have tried numerous times to install SP3 and toward the end I get
> blue screen and the update does not take place. I have read everything that
> is prerequisite before installing, but to no help

CatPet

RE: KB946648

Did you ever find a solution to your problem below? Or did you just ignore
those 2 updates? Mine are doing the same as yours. I hate puter troubles. I
use Trend Micro Internet Security Pro as my virus/spyware etc protection.
Please let me know if you can help.

"dnede" wrote:

> This update will not install. I get an Error Code: 0x8007F0ED
>
> Can anyone give me advice what to do to get it to install?
>
> ALSO I have tried numerous times to install SP3 and toward the end I get
> blue screen and the update does not take place. I have read everything that
> is prerequisite before installing, but to no help

Re: KB946648
Since it took you two tries to post a reply, have you figured out yet that
you need to click on the + sign to read replies to the original post?

PS: The OP was having problems trying to install WinXP SP3, not "those two
updates."