XP SP3 freezes during install

JB

XP SP3 freezes during install
I am running XP - Pro. and trying to install SP3. The program runs fine until
near the end. It gets to the Finishing Installation process and freezes up. I
have un-installed and restarted the process several times. Same results. Any
else having this issue or know what I might to do get it to complete?? THX
Janbri

RE: XP SP3 freezes during install
Had the same problem on one computer, rebooted and tried again and it worked.
However tried to install on second computer and got error message close to
end of installation that 'unable to access Service Pack 3' checked update log
which revealed error code 0 X 80070005 as being reason for failure but
nothing in Knowledge Base

"JB" wrote:

> I am running XP - Pro. and trying to install SP3. The program runs fine until
> near the end. It gets to the Finishing Installation process and freezes up. I
> have un-installed and restarted the process several times. Same results. Any
> else having this issue or know what I might to do get it to complete?? THX

bb

"JB" wrote:

> I am running XP - Pro. and trying to install SP3. The program runs fine until
> near the end. It gets to the Finishing Installation process and freezes up. I
> have un-installed and restarted the process several times. Same results. Any
> else having this issue or know what I might to do get it to complete?? THX

Re: XP SP3 freezes during install
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JB wrote:
> I am running XP - Pro. and trying to install SP3. The program runs fine
> until near the end. It gets to the Finishing Installation process and
> freezes up. I have un-installed and restarted the process several times.
> Same results. Any else having this issue or know what I might to do get
> it
> to complete?? THX

Henry

"JB" wrote:

> I am running XP - Pro. and trying to install SP3. The program runs fine until
> near the end. It gets to the Finishing Installation process and freezes up. I
> have un-installed and restarted the process several times. Same results. Any
> else having this issue or know what I might to do get it to complete?? THX

Henry

RE: XP SP3 freezes during install
I am having a similar, if not the same problem. All the processes took a very
long time; especially the "processes after install". The entire update tokk
wel over 1 1/2 hrs. And when it finally ended, I did teh restartr, as
requested. but the computer never closed down and I had to pull teh plug.
Restart then went almot normal. But now SP3 installateion is noted as
"failed" with an error code of 0x8024600A and I am requested to start again.
Beefore I do this, I have contacted Microsoft Support. I will let you know
as soon s I get their reply