Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

Catharina

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
My computer doesn't seem to be installing the Security Update for Microsoft
XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It will go through the
installation process and will display 'Installation status: Successful'. I
have also restarted my computer after installation. What is going wrong.

TaurArian

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
Update or on Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

Have you checked the Known Issues -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Catharina" <Catharina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2BFF7A8-37C4-419F-8076-A759A85457B4@microsoft.com...
> My computer doesn't seem to be installing the Security Update for
> Microsoft
> XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It will go through the
> installation process and will display 'Installation status: Successful'. I
> have also restarted my computer after installation. What is going wrong.

Catharina

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
It didn't work. I have Vista Home Premium.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
> Update or on Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>
> Have you checked the Known Issues -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Catharina" <Catharina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news2BFF7A8-37C4-419F-8076-A759A85457B4@microsoft.com...
> > My computer doesn't seem to be installing the Security Update for
> > Microsoft
> > XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It will go through the
> > installation process and will display 'Installation status: Successful'. I
> > have also restarted my computer after installation. What is going wrong.

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
And how were we supposed to know that you were running Vista? Is it Vista
SP1 or...? What didn't work? Both KB articles apply to Vista!
--
~PA Bear

Catharina wrote:
> It didn't work. I have Vista Home Premium.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
>> (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
>> Update or on Windows Update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>>
>> Have you checked the Known Issues -
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
>>
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "Catharina" <Catharina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news2BFF7A8-37C4-419F-8076-A759A85457B4@microsoft.com...
>>> My computer doesn't seem to be installing the Security Update for
>>> Microsoft
>>> XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It will go through the
>>> installation process and will display 'Installation status: Successful'.
>>> have also restarted my computer after installation. What is going wrong.

Catharina

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Hi

PA Bear.....This is this first time I have gone down this track to get some
assistance so I'm new at this. I'm not computer literate as some and I missed
out on providing all the details. PA bear I don't need smart comments and
your response could have been worded differently. I'm going to skip this
avenue of assistance and get help somewhere else. Thanks TaurArian for your
help.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And how were we supposed to know that you were running Vista? Is it Vista
> SP1 or...? What didn't work? Both KB articles apply to Vista!
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Catharina wrote:
> > It didn't work. I have Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> >> (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
> >> Update or on Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
> >>
> >> Have you checked the Known Issues -
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >>

> >> "Catharina" <Catharina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news2BFF7A8-37C4-419F-8076-A759A85457B4@microsoft.com...

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
> ...I'm going to
> skip this avenue of assistance and get help somewhere else.

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

Catharina wrote:
> Hi
>
> PA Bear.....This is this first time I have gone down this track to get
> some
> assistance so I'm new at this. I'm not computer literate as some and I
> missed out on providing all the details. PA bear I don't need smart
> comments and your response could have been worded differently. I'm going
> skip this avenue of assistance and get help somewhere else. Thanks
> TaurArian for your help.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> And how were we supposed to know that you were running Vista? Is it
>> Vista
>> SP1 or...? What didn't work? Both KB articles apply to Vista!
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> Catharina wrote:
>>> It didn't work. I have Vista Home Premium.

epgviking

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
PA Bear,
I am having this problem and have tried all the advice I can find. I have:
Dell XPS M1530
Windows Vista Home Premium
the alert of new updates shows up everyday, I download it, it shows that it
was succesful. The log shows it was successful, but I went to uninstall it
and there is no update with this code (KB936181) in the "Installed Updates"
file. Confusing...I tried the command prompt (ren
%windir%\System32\msxml4.dll msxml4.old) it says "access denied"...the
command prompt shows C:\users\eric> so I believe it recognizes me as the
administrator...I manually try to do the update along with (KB941833) that
was recommended to increase the compatibility and when I do so I get an error
message "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specific log
file location exists and is writable".
Any suggestions?
Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > ...I'm going to
> > skip this avenue of assistance and get help somewhere else.

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Catharina wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > PA Bear.....This is this first time I have gone down this track to get
> > some
> > assistance so I'm new at this. I'm not computer literate as some and I
> > missed out on providing all the details. PA bear I don't need smart
> > comments and your response could have been worded differently. I'm going
> > skip this avenue of assistance and get help somewhere else. Thanks
> > TaurArian for your help.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> And how were we supposed to know that you were running Vista? Is it
> >> Vista
> >> SP1 or...? What didn't work? Both KB articles apply to Vista!
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Please begin a new thread about /your/ problem, or...

~PA Bear