Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Tatbrat
 

Posts: n/a
Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails every
time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could not
access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message that
says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this program or
update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to just
ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to do? or
where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy of it.
Thanks in advance.
--
Most computer problems are caused the loose nut between the chair and the
keyboard.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
version.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tatbrat wrote:
> I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails every
> time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could not
> access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message that
> says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this program
> or
> update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
> just
> ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to do? or
> where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy of
> it.
> Thanks in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
Tatbrat
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the program. It
did not work.
--
Most computer problems are caused the loose nut between the chair and the
keyboard.


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
> version.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Tatbrat wrote:
> > I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails every
> > time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could not
> > access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message that
> > says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this program
> > or
> > update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
> > just
> > ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to do? or
> > where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy of
> > it.
> > Thanks in advance.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact Windows Live
Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts

Good luck!


Tatbrat wrote:
> If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the program.
> It did not work.
>
>> Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
>> version.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Tatbrat wrote:
>>> I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails
>>> every
>>> time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could not
>>> access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message that
>>> says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this
>>> program
>>> or
>>> update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
>>> just
>>> ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to do?
>>> or
>>> where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy of
>>> it.
>>> Thanks in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
Tatbrat
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
I did contact Windows Live Support and apparently, they are aware that there
is a wide spread problem with updating this program. When they find a fix
for it, they will let us know. The problem of updating is on their end of
it. Hopefully others will know of this also.
--
Most computer problems are caused the loose nut between the chair and the
keyboard.


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact Windows Live
> Support:
> https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts
>
> Good luck!
>
>
> Tatbrat wrote:
> > If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the program.
> > It did not work.
> >
> >> Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
> >> version.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >>
> >> Tatbrat wrote:
> >>> I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails
> >>> every
> >>> time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could not
> >>> access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message that
> >>> says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this
> >>> program
> >>> or
> >>> update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
> >>> just
> >>> ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to do?
> >>> or
> >>> where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy of
> >>> it.
> >>> Thanks in advance.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
Thanks for this feedback.

Tatbrat wrote:
> I did contact Windows Live Support and apparently, they are aware that
> there
> is a wide spread problem with updating this program. When they find a fix
> for it, they will let us know. The problem of updating is on their end of
> it. Hopefully others will know of this also.
>
>> Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact Windows
>> Live Support:
>> https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>>
>> Tatbrat wrote:
>>> If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the
>>> program.
>>> It did not work.
>>>
>>>> Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
>>>> version.
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>>>
>>>> Tatbrat wrote:
>>>>> I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails
>>>>> every
>>>>> time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could
>>>>> not
>>>>> access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message
>>>>> that
>>>>> says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this
>>>>> program
>>>>> or
>>>>> update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
>>>>> just
>>>>> ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to
>>>>> do?
>>>>> or
>>>>> where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy
>>>>> of
>>>>> it.
>>>>> Thanks in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2008
bthoem
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails

Found a way around the problem.

Download the beta from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Gallery.shtml

Copy the file to the folder:
c:\Windows\Installer (it's a hidden folder - so just type it in)

Run PhotoLibrary.msi from this folder, and you should be fine - as me.

Bj°rn Tore Hoem


--
bthoem
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bthoem's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bthoem.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1033408.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
Jennifer in Colorado
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
I, too, am having problems uninstalling Windows Live Photo Gallery - same
situation as Tatbrat. It's now April 16, 2009, surely there's a fix to
download by now... what's the update on this situation? I am unable to
install any Windows Live programs now and this seems to be the central issue.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Thanks for this feedback.
>
> Tatbrat wrote:
> > I did contact Windows Live Support and apparently, they are aware that
> > there
> > is a wide spread problem with updating this program. When they find a fix
> > for it, they will let us know. The problem of updating is on their end of
> > it. Hopefully others will know of this also.
> >
> >> Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact Windows
> >> Live Support:
> >> https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts
> >>
> >> Good luck!
> >>
> >>
> >> Tatbrat wrote:
> >>> If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the
> >>> program.
> >>> It did not work.
> >>>
> >>>> Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the most recent
> >>>> version.
> >>>> --
> >>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> >>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >>>>
> >>>> Tatbrat wrote:
> >>>>> I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it fails
> >>>>> every
> >>>>> time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says: 'could
> >>>>> not
> >>>>> access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a message
> >>>>> that
> >>>>> says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of this
> >>>>> program
> >>>>> or
> >>>>> update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't know how to
> >>>>> just
> >>>>> ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me what to
> >>>>> do?
> >>>>> or
> >>>>> where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a new copy
> >>>>> of
> >>>>> it.
> >>>>> Thanks in advance.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
Did you try and manually install the latest version rather than trying to
update the same?

http://download.live.com/photogallery



Jennifer in Colorado wrote:
:: I, too, am having problems uninstalling Windows Live Photo Gallery -
:: same situation as Tatbrat. It's now April 16, 2009, surely there's
:: a fix to download by now... what's the update on this situation? I
:: am unable to install any Windows Live programs now and this seems to
:: be the central issue.
::
:: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
::
::: Thanks for this feedback.
:::
::: Tatbrat wrote:
:::: I did contact Windows Live Support and apparently, they are aware
:::: that there
:::: is a wide spread problem with updating this program. When they
:::: find a fix for it, they will let us know. The problem of updating
:::: is on their end of it. Hopefully others will know of this also.
::::
::::: Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact
::::: Windows Live Support:
::::: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts
:::::
::::: Good luck!
:::::
:::::
::::: Tatbrat wrote:
:::::: If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the
:::::: program.
:::::: It did not work.
::::::
::::::: Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the
::::::: most recent version.
::::::: --
::::::: ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
::::::: MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since
::::::: 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
::::::: DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
:::::::
::::::: Tatbrat wrote:
:::::::: I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it
:::::::: fails every
:::::::: time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says:
:::::::: 'could not
:::::::: access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a
:::::::: message that
:::::::: says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of
:::::::: this program
:::::::: or
:::::::: update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't
:::::::: know how to just
:::::::: ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me
:::::::: what to do?
:::::::: or
:::::::: where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a
:::::::: new copy of
:::::::: it.
:::::::: Thanks in advance.







Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
Jennifer in Colorado
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 955359) Fails
Yes. Didn't work. However, here's how I resolved my issue.
1. Downloaded Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (Article ID 29301 9/19/08
revision 6.7), located it in my programs list & opened. Selected Windows
Live Photo Gallery from the list. Poof, gone. After working on this for 3
days!!!

2. Went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953466 "Cannot complete the
installation of Windows Live Suite applications", selected my operating
environment (Windows XP SP3), after verifying that I had all of the required
programs (listed in my add/remove programs), I installed all Windows Live
programs from there.

It was a different installation interface than I was working with in the MS
downloads - but all is well. Please pass the word around.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Did you try and manually install the latest version rather than trying to
> update the same?
>
> http://download.live.com/photogallery
>
>
>
> Jennifer in Colorado wrote:
> :: I, too, am having problems uninstalling Windows Live Photo Gallery -
> :: same situation as Tatbrat. It's now April 16, 2009, surely there's
> :: a fix to download by now... what's the update on this situation? I
> :: am unable to install any Windows Live programs now and this seems to
> :: be the central issue.
> ::
> :: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> ::
> ::: Thanks for this feedback.
> :::
> ::: Tatbrat wrote:
> :::: I did contact Windows Live Support and apparently, they are aware
> :::: that there
> :::: is a wide spread problem with updating this program. When they
> :::: find a fix for it, they will let us know. The problem of updating
> :::: is on their end of it. Hopefully others will know of this also.
> ::::
> ::::: Then try overinstalling the latest version. Otherwise, contact
> ::::: Windows Live Support:
> ::::: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ery&ct=eformts
> :::::
> ::::: Good luck!
> :::::
> :::::
> ::::: Tatbrat wrote:
> :::::: If you read my post, I did mention that I tried to uninstall the
> :::::: program.
> :::::: It did not work.
> ::::::
> ::::::: Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery | Download/install the
> ::::::: most recent version.
> ::::::: --
> ::::::: ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> ::::::: MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since
> ::::::: 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> ::::::: DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> :::::::
> ::::::: Tatbrat wrote:
> :::::::: I have been trying to update Windows Live Photo Gallery and it
> :::::::: fails every
> :::::::: time. When I try to uninstall it, I get a message that says:
> :::::::: 'could not
> :::::::: access network location'. So I go to hit 'cancel', I get a
> :::::::: message that
> :::::::: says: 'fatal error during installation'. I can't get rid of
> :::::::: this program
> :::::::: or
> :::::::: update it. I keep getting nagged to update it and I don't
> :::::::: know how to just
> :::::::: ignore the update all together. Can someone please tell me
> :::::::: what to do?
> :::::::: or
> :::::::: where I can get the patched version? I can't even install a
> :::::::: new copy of
> :::::::: it.
> :::::::: Thanks in advance.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 946486) chups6969 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 11-06-2009 17:33
Windows Live Photo Gallery Update Not Updating Alan B microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-16-2008 00:13
Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery (KB 946486) AARACH microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 03-05-2008 16:47
Article ID: 928571 When you make changes to a file that is located on a SAMBA-based, network-attached storage device, the changes do not appear in Windows Photo Gallery or Windows Live Photo Gallery KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 932988 Files from a Canon EOD 1D or 1DS camera may be corrupted after you use Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, or Windows Explorer to edit the file metadata in Windows Vista or in Windows XP SP2 KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120