Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

my computer ,firewall

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
horse_z_koran
 

Posts: n/a
my computer ,firewall
when i go secrity center in control pannel it seems that i have no firewall
protection it says that there is an assocated service that is not running and
then asked me if to start the windows firewall internet connection sharing
..when i click yes ,it says that it cant start it ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: my computer ,firewall
You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920074
You receive the following error message when you try to access Windows
Firewall settings:
Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings.

You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892199


"Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error while accessing
Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

or perhaps a more appropriate NG rather than the WU NG -

Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"horse_z_koran" <horse_z_koran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5DD6E2A3-929D-4C3D-98A7-009D9C5A32AB@microsoft.com...
> when i go secrity center in control pannel it seems that i have no
> firewall
> protection it says that there is an assocated service that is not running
> and
> then asked me if to start the windows firewall internet connection sharing
> .when i click yes ,it says that it cant start it ?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
horse_z_koran
 

Posts: n/a
Re: my computer ,firewall
so what i supposed to do ? not that good with computers please ex[plain
slower,should need to worry ,or step by step help

"TaurArian" wrote:

> You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP SP2
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920074
> You receive the following error message when you try to access Windows
> Firewall settings:
> Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
> settings.
>
> You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892199
>
>
> "Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error while accessing
> Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm
>
> or perhaps a more appropriate NG rather than the WU NG -
>
> Windows XP Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>
>
> "horse_z_koran" <horse_z_koran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5DD6E2A3-929D-4C3D-98A7-009D9C5A32AB@microsoft.com...
> > when i go secrity center in control pannel it seems that i have no
> > firewall
> > protection it says that there is an assocated service that is not running
> > and
> > then asked me if to start the windows firewall internet connection sharing
> > .when i click yes ,it says that it cant start it ?

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: my computer ,firewall
Step by step help is in the links posted by TaurArian in the above post.Open them by clicking on them and read them and follow the instructions if needed.

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"horse_z_koran" <horsezkoran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BFC2F1C-D74C-4D7A-BB7F-F891B52FADAF@microsoft.com...
> so what i supposed to do ? not that good with computers please ex[plain
> slower,should need to worry ,or step by step help
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP SP2
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920074
>> You receive the following error message when you try to access Windows
>> Firewall settings:
>> Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
>> settings.
>>
>> You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892199
>>
>>
>> "Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error while accessing
>> Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm
>>
>> or perhaps a more appropriate NG rather than the WU NG -
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroups
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>
>>
>> "horse_z_koran" <horse_z_koran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5DD6E2A3-929D-4C3D-98A7-009D9C5A32AB@microsoft.com...
>> > when i go secrity center in control pannel it seems that i have no
>> > firewall
>> > protection it says that there is an assocated service that is not running
>> > and
>> > then asked me if to start the windows firewall internet connection sharing
>> > .when i click yes ,it says that it cant start it ?

>>
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows firewall staat uit bij opstarten computer Tineke microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista 0 05-18-2008 16:40
Firewall Vista also blocks outgoing traffic? Is the firewall good Jerry microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-09-2008 21:48
Article ID: 929708 Error message when a user tries to access a Web page by using SSL from a Windows Vista-based computer on a network that uses a Cisco PIX 515E firewall: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
After installing Windows6.0-KB938194-x64, and Windows6.0-KB938979-x64 Kaspersky, jetico firewall, and kerio firewall crash system. Pablo Rampone microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 08-09-2007 21:33
Firewall rule created, but firewall drops =?Utf-8?B?RklTVA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 04-17-2007 00:52




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:21.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120