Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3

Marko Birsa

Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838 using
Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft using Error
reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors are in Windows
Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and CbsPackageServicingFailure.
Please Help.

Marko

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
800736B3 ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_NOT_FOUND
The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Either the update server is not recognizing the existence of
WinSxS due to a communication issue or WinSxS is not present or
corrupted. The issue *may* be related to antivirus\security software.

What is the installed AV and which firewall is being used ?
Are you using a proxy server, internet 'anonymizer', cookie or popup
blocker ?

> How to obtain help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your
> local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International
> Support Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Marko Birsa wrote:

> I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838
> using Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft
> using Error reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors
> are in Windows Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and
> CbsPackageServicingFailure.
> Please Help.
>
> Marko

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
Are you running Vista or Vista SP1? If Vista SP1, did you install it
manually or via Windows Update?

(if any)? If Vista SP1 is installed, were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed it?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Marko Birsa wrote:
> I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838 using
> Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft using Error
> reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors are in
> Windows
> Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and CbsPackageServicingFailure.
> Please Help.
>
> Marko

haloterry

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
MowGreen, didn't know anyother way to reach you to say thanks for the help
you gave me with Windows installer. Big help and finally got my computer
working. Good job, thanks!
--
Terry in Help

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 800736B3 ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_NOT_FOUND
> The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
>
> Either the update server is not recognizing the existence of
> WinSxS due to a communication issue or WinSxS is not present or
> corrupted. The issue *may* be related to antivirus\security software.
>
> What is the installed AV and which firewall is being used ?
> Are you using a proxy server, internet 'anonymizer', cookie or popup
> blocker ?
>
> > How to obtain help and support for this security update
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> > Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your
> > local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International
> > Support Web site:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Marko Birsa wrote:
>
> > I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838
> > using Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft
> > using Error reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors
> > are in Windows Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and
> > CbsPackageServicingFailure.
> > Please Help.
> >
> > Marko

Marko Birsa

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
I'm runing Vista x64 SP1. SP1 I installed via Windows Update. Updates I
install also via Windows Update. I have ESET Smart Security for Antivirus,
AntiSpyware and Firewall. Defender I turned off. I think that no application
were runing in the background when I installed it.
I'm not using proxy server, internet anomizer.

Marko

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> je napisal v sporoèilo
news:OPlSjU5DJHA.340@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1? If Vista SP1, did you install it
> manually or via Windows Update?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> firewall (if any)? If Vista SP1 is installed, were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed it?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Marko Birsa wrote:
>> I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838
>> using
>> Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft using
>> Error
>> reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors are in
>> Windows
>> Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and
>> CbsPackageServicingFailure.
>> Please Help.
>>
>> Marko

Marko Birsa

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3
I'm runing Vista x64 SP1. SP1 I installed via Windows Update. Updates I
install also via Windows Update. I have ESET Smart Security for Antivirus,
AntiSpyware and Firewall. Defender I turned off. I think that no application
were runing in the background when I installed it.
I'm not using proxy server, internet anomizer.
Also I tryed to disable antivirus, firewall and antispyware but problem is
the same.
I update via Windows Update a lot other updates and all were updated without
problems.
Only this update for Internet Explorer makes this problem. Non stop I have
this errors
in Error reporting tool with Windows Modules Installer after I'm trying to
install this update.

Marko

"MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> je napisal v sporocilo
news:eaQHe$3DJHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...

haloterry wrote:

> MowGreen, didn't know anyother way to reach you to say thanks for the help
> you gave me with Windows installer. Big help and finally got my computer
> working. Good job, thanks!

You're mowst welcome, Terry. Glad to hear Windows Installer is installed
and functioning again. Way to hang in there !

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Re: Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call
the above number (US & CA only) and ask to be transferred to the Consumer
IE7 queue (which is 47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Marko Birsa wrote:
> I'm runing Vista x64 SP1. SP1 I installed via Windows Update. Updates I
> install also via Windows Update. I have ESET Smart Security for Antivirus,
> AntiSpyware and Firewall. Defender I turned off. I think that no
> application
> were runing in the background when I installed it.
> I'm not using proxy server, internet anomizer.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1? If Vista SP1, did you install it
>> manually or via Windows Update?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall (if any)? If Vista SP1 is installed, were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed it?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Marko Birsa wrote:
>>> I receive this error number when everytime I try to install KB953838
>>> using
>>> Windows Update in my Vista x64. I reported errors to Microsoft using
>>> Error
>>> reporting tool but no solution is returned until now. Errors are in
>>> Windows
>>> Modules Installer: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 and
>>> CbsPackageServicingFailure.
>>> Please Help.
>>>
>>> Marko

Atabay