RE: Error code 8000FFFF

adp

RE: Error code 8000FFFF
I've tried both method mentioned in this post, neither one work.

"T2" wrote:

> I also had the same problem with my Dell - I contacted Update support and
> after a few tries the following worked:
>
> 1. Click on Start and in the Search box type in regedit.
>
> 2. A new program will be listed in the same window. Now right click the
> regedit program and then select the option run as administrator.
>
> 3. Now go into HKLM\COMPONENTS and check if these three values exist under
> the COMPONENTS key:
>
> PendingXmldentifier
> NextQueueEntryIndex
> AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
>
> 5. Providing they do exist, then delete the three above values.
>
> 6. Restart the computer, and Windows Update should now be working fine.
>
> T2
>

> "Nancie" wrote:
>
> > I just got my new DELL 1420. My windows update keeps giving me the error
> > code 8000FFFF - Windows could not serch for new updates.
> >
> > Can anyone help fix this?
> > thanks
> > Nancie

TaurArian

Re: Error code 8000FFFF
I have some suggestions here:
http://taurarian.mvps.org/WU_Vista/8000ffff.htm
Which includes renaming the softwaredistribution folder and/or reinstalling
the WU Client.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"adp" <adp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news96AC8EF-0940-49D5-9786-29745B9638B7@microsoft.com...
> I've tried both method mentioned in this post, neither one work.
>

> "T2" wrote:
>
>> I also had the same problem with my Dell - I contacted Update support and
>> after a few tries the following worked:
>>
>> 1. Click on Start and in the Search box type in regedit.
>>
>> 2. A new program will be listed in the same window. Now right click the
>> regedit program and then select the option run as administrator.
>>
>> 3. Now go into HKLM\COMPONENTS and check if these three values exist
>> under
>> the COMPONENTS key:
>>
>> PendingXmldentifier
>> NextQueueEntryIndex
>> AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
>>
>> 5. Providing they do exist, then delete the three above values.
>>
>> 6. Restart the computer, and Windows Update should now be working fine.
>>
>> T2
>>

>> "Nancie" wrote:
>>
>> > I just got my new DELL 1420. My windows update keeps giving me the
>> > error
>> > code 8000FFFF - Windows could not serch for new updates.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help fix this?
>> > thanks
>> > Nancie

Peter Foldes

Re: Error code 8000FFFF
TaurArian

Excellent job on this page. Shows that the lady has patience and a lot of it.

--
Peter

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%238zjrQyDJHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I have some suggestions here:
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/WU_Vista/8000ffff.htm
> Which includes renaming the softwaredistribution folder and/or reinstalling
> the WU Client.
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "adp" <adp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news96AC8EF-0940-49D5-9786-29745B9638B7@microsoft.com...
>> I've tried both method mentioned in this post, neither one work.
>>

>> "T2" wrote:
>>
>>> I also had the same problem with my Dell - I contacted Update support and
>>> after a few tries the following worked:
>>>
>>> 1. Click on Start and in the Search box type in regedit.
>>>
>>> 2. A new program will be listed in the same window. Now right click the
>>> regedit program and then select the option run as administrator.
>>>
>>> 3. Now go into HKLM\COMPONENTS and check if these three values exist
>>> under
>>> the COMPONENTS key:
>>>
>>> PendingXmldentifier
>>> NextQueueEntryIndex
>>> AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
>>>
>>> 5. Providing they do exist, then delete the three above values.
>>>
>>> 6. Restart the computer, and Windows Update should now be working fine.
>>>
>>> T2

TaurArian

Re: Error code 8000FFFF
Thanks Peter.