Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

service pack 3 stops internet access

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2008
dodgedray
 

Posts: n/a
service pack 3 stops internet access
I have an IBM netvista that was recently updated with service pack 3. It was
workign great up till then. after the update installed it will no longer
communicate with the internet. left the gods of microsoft have a crack at it
with the troubleshooter and it come back as unable to resolve DNS.
After several tries to correct it with internet settings I tried a system
restore to a point prior to the service pack 3 update. still unable to
connect to the internet. It does work on the LAN and communicates with all
other network computers and printers just nothing on the internet no
messenger, and not just IE no browser will connect to the internet but all
other computers have fine access
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: service pack 3 stops internet access
IE version? Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update now?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
(if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you
installed WinXP SP3?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


dodgedray wrote:
> I have an IBM netvista that was recently updated with service pack 3. It
> was workign great up till then. after the update installed it will no
> longer communicate with the internet. left the gods of microsoft have a
> crack at it with the troubleshooter and it come back as unable to resolve
> DNS.
> After several tries to correct it with internet settings I tried a system
> restore to a point prior to the service pack 3 update. still unable to
> connect to the internet. It does work on the LAN and communicates with
> all
> other network computers and printers just nothing on the internet no
> messenger, and not just IE no browser will connect to the internet but
> all other computers have fine access


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008
RW Parks
 

Posts: n/a
Re: service pack 3 stops internet access
I have the same issue nothing can access the internet browsers nor other net
apps. I've updatd both laptops and now neither can access the internet via
the normal LAN or WIFI connections. I am able to make this connection via
WWAN. Attempts to restore to a previous level also fails. I use Symantec
firewall and antivirus, both were running at that install time.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> IE version? Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update now?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed WinXP SP3?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
>
> dodgedray wrote:
> > I have an IBM netvista that was recently updated with service pack 3. It
> > was workign great up till then. after the update installed it will no
> > longer communicate with the internet. left the gods of microsoft have a
> > crack at it with the troubleshooter and it come back as unable to resolve
> > DNS.
> > After several tries to correct it with internet settings I tried a system
> > restore to a point prior to the service pack 3 update. still unable to
> > connect to the internet. It does work on the LAN and communicates with
> > all
> > other network computers and printers just nothing on the internet no
> > messenger, and not just IE no browser will connect to the internet but
> > all other computers have fine access

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: service pack 3 stops internet access
Please begin a new thread about your problem or open a free support
incident.

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP2; Vista SP1) and IE
version when posting to this newsgroup, please.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


RW Parks wrote:
> I have the same issue nothing can access the internet browsers nor other
> net
> apps. I've updatd both laptops and now neither can access the internet
> via
> the normal LAN or WIFI connections. I am able to make this connection via
> WWAN. Attempts to restore to a previous level also fails. I use Symantec
> firewall and antivirus, both were running at that install time.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> IE version? Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update now?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when
>> you installed WinXP SP3?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>>
>> dodgedray wrote:
>>> I have an IBM netvista that was recently updated with service pack 3.
>>> It
>>> was workign great up till then. after the update installed it will no
>>> longer communicate with the internet. left the gods of microsoft have a
>>> crack at it with the troubleshooter and it come back as unable to
>>> resolve
>>> DNS.
>>> After several tries to correct it with internet settings I tried a
>>> system
>>> restore to a point prior to the service pack 3 update. still unable to
>>> connect to the internet. It does work on the LAN and communicates with
>>> all
>>> other network computers and printers just nothing on the internet
>>> no
>>> messenger, and not just IE no browser will connect to the internet
>>> but
>>> all other computers have fine access


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LinkSys WRT54G Stops allowing internet access Spirit microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 17 01-20-2009 13:35
service pack 3 access denied tomc microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 09-09-2008 04:55
Access Denied when installing XP service pack 2 John microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 09-01-2008 19:40
VPN ACCESS and Vista Service Pack 1 SKIHO microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 12 05-22-2008 18:13
Article ID: 927168 TCP traffic stops after you enable both receive-side scaling and Internet Connection Sharing in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:05.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120