Trouble Loading XP SP3

GOdom

Trouble Loading XP SP3
I have had numous automatic downloads of the XP SP3 to go through the process
just to end up saying access denied advising that all areas didn't load. I
read the windows guidance about doing a separate download versus the
automatic update and also ensuring all virus and firewalls were turned off.
Did all that then when I try to load it I get a message SP3 already installed
or applied?

From all the negatives I hear of SP3 maybe as well it don't load?

Where should I go from here? Leave it as it or contact the Windows guys?
--
Glen Odom, Terry, MS
Shenan Stanley

Re: Trouble Loading XP SP3
GOdom wrote:
> I have had numous automatic downloads of the XP SP3 to go through
> the process just to end up saying access denied advising that all
> areas didn't load. I read the windows guidance about doing a
> separate download versus the automatic update and also ensuring all
> virus and firewalls were turned off. Did all that then when I try
> to load it I get a message SP3 already installed or applied?
>
> From all the negatives I hear of SP3 maybe as well it don't load?
>
> Where should I go from here? Leave it as it or contact the Windows
> guys?

The negatives that you hear - is it from newsgroups such as these...?
Where people come to ask questions and get help with problems...

If so - it's like going to a hospital emergency room and seeing a bunch of
people with cuts, bruises, broken bones, etc and assuming that you will have
the same trouble they do. ;-)

A quick Google (or the search engine of your choice) would have come up with
the answer to your issue...

In your case - I probably would have Googled for:

"Access Denied" "Windows XP" SP3

And probably would have found many hits - but one would likely have included
this advice:

Try Method 3 of this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Further advice...
A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from Microsoft*...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

GOdom

Re: Trouble Loading XP SP3
Thanks. I did the google and that got me the ways of doing the various steps
I have already done, except call the free service number. I will try that
now. I must be missing a point some where on how to get it to load.
--
Glen Odom

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> GOdom wrote:
> > I have had numous automatic downloads of the XP SP3 to go through
> > the process just to end up saying access denied advising that all
> > areas didn't load. I read the windows guidance about doing a
> > separate download versus the automatic update and also ensuring all
> > virus and firewalls were turned off. Did all that then when I try
> > to load it I get a message SP3 already installed or applied?
> >
> > From all the negatives I hear of SP3 maybe as well it don't load?
> >
> > Where should I go from here? Leave it as it or contact the Windows
> > guys?

> The negatives that you hear - is it from newsgroups such as these...?
> Where people come to ask questions and get help with problems...
>
> If so - it's like going to a hospital emergency room and seeing a bunch of
> people with cuts, bruises, broken bones, etc and assuming that you will have
> the same trouble they do. ;-)
>
> A quick Google (or the search engine of your choice) would have come up with
> the answer to your issue...
>
> In your case - I probably would have Googled for:
>
> "Access Denied" "Windows XP" SP3
>
> And probably would have found many hits - but one would likely have included
> this advice:
>
> Try Method 3 of this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
>

> Further advice...
> A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from Microsoft*...
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>
> Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: Trouble Loading XP SP3
Error message when you try to install WinXP SP3: "Access is denied" or
“Service Pack installation did not complete”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
[Fix:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...n-windows-xp/]

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net