Windows Update Page fails to load

Phil Arnold

Windows Update Page fails to load
We are having a difficult time accessing the Windows Update site. Everything
used to work fine but has suddenly stopped. Has anyone else experienced
similar issues with the site?

Phil Arnold
University of Central Arkansas
Shenan Stanley

Re: Windows Update Page fails to load
Phil Arnold wrote:
> We are having a difficult time accessing the Windows Update site.
> Everything used to work fine but has suddenly stopped. Has anyone
> else experienced similar issues with the site?

Could you be a bit more specific?

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ does what when you try to go there?
Is this on all computers and all OSes and all browsers?
Is this on a single subnet or multiple subnets at your organization?
Do you have laptops you can test on other networks easily?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

John B Coke

RE: Windows Update Page fails to load
Having the same problem with XP.

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072EE7) yourself.

Vista connects but I'm getting failures on some updates

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Phil Arnold wrote:
> > We are having a difficult time accessing the Windows Update site.
> > Everything used to work fine but has suddenly stopped. Has anyone
> > else experienced similar issues with the site?

> Could you be a bit more specific?
>
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ does what when you try to go there?
> Is this on all computers and all OSes and all browsers?
> Is this on a single subnet or multiple subnets at your organization?
> Do you have laptops you can test on other networks easily?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> This problem seems to be sporadic. Most computers, both laptops and desktops, take 3 attempts to load the page. If the page loads, it errors out during an update download. Other computers just can't contact the web site at all.

I ask if there are any known issues with the Windows Update site because
this could be an issue aty our end, that is, if the web site is up and
running normally.

Phil Arnold
TaurArian

Re: Windows Update Page fails to load
This error code translates to ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT. This could be
caused by firewall software blocking the Windows Update Site.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x80072EE7 error
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
0x80072EE7 error code

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org