RE: KB829365 Install Problems

Tee'd off in Houston

RE: KB829365 Install Problems
I found a spider virus on my computer. I'm a network marketer and all my
leads captured...money gone. I've removd it with Trend Micro Anti-Virus
(nothing else caught it). So after 48 hours of reunning scans, URLs were
correct on all my sites...it's starts happening again--they're being
compromised AGAIN. Only after reporting to myspace this big black spider
marketing box on antothers profile, they checked servers...and found spider.
All my other websites, as welll. Guarantee it's been on my for about 6
weeks...$$$ gone, time and energy....I mean, makes me sick.

So, my question to you...is it because of this install or do you think this
person put it on me again (and yes, I beleive I know who it was, but no
proof--no one else could see it).

Do you have any advice for me? Because I'm tired, I'm upset, I'm pissed and
the bills are due. MySpace had all these black boxes removed from their site,
which they thought were just banners. Please tell me you know what it
is...cause god knows I don't know what else to say except that it's a
"cheating" marketers paradise. This was an illegal act and I feel something
should be done. However, I need to get my business runnin...cause no leads,
no money. That's priority.

So, on this install..do you think i'll be ok. OR do you think I'm just
bascially screwed? I have put major firewalls up, everything you can think
of...i run security updates like every 30 minutes. I'm out of anwers and I
think it's time I take this to a higher level--this is my business, my
life....and it's being compromised. I will not let this person win!!

Is there like 'internet police' or something? And when did the innocent
have to start showing burden of proof??!

Any advice....I'm all ears.

Tee'ed off in Houston~~
Kimberly

"jujujuju65" wrote:

> [...]
>

> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
>
> http://au.download.windowsupdate.com...879819fb45.exe
>

> 2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop,
> please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
>
> After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site
> to test the issue. "
>
> After following the instructions to the letter once... FAILEXThe issue can
> be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time, let's refer to
> the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:
>

> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

> 1. Visit:
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
>

> 2. Save the file to your Desktop.
>
> 3. Install this tool on your computer.
>

> Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
>
> ========================
>
> 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
>

> 2. Please locate any .NET Framework software and remove it.
>

> 3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.
>

> For more information, please refer to:
>
> -----------
>
> Title: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>

> Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
>

> After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET
> Framework 2.0 and the update for it.
>

> Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package and the
> updates for it
>
> ================================================== ==================
>
> 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable
> Package from the following link and save it to the Desktop.
>

> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86):

> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
>
> http://au.download.windowsupdate.com...879819fb45.exe
>

> 2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop,
> please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
>

> After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site
> to test the issue.
> After following the instructions to the letter ... FAILED!!!
>
> Then I tried looking for security issues, ran McAfee quick clean and found
> 21 spyware, trojans, you name it!
>
> After debugging my computer, I re-installed yet again all of the .NET
> framework versions and service packs and lo and behold, KB829365 installed !
>
> I just thought I'd share how I got the install to work, hopefully this may
> help anyone else pulling their hair out over this one. (Although, I did blow

Peter Foldes

Re: KB829365 Install Problems
Kimberly

And what does this have to do with Windows Update.

If at all you should repost this to the security. virus newsgroup where you can get answers and help
on your issue

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...security.virus

--
Peter