KB 952287

widget

KB 952287
Why can I not do this up date, it will not complete.

TaurArian

Re: KB 952287
We don't know.

Please supply further details as previously requested.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"widget" <widget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why can I not do this up date, it will not complete.

widget

Re: KB 952287
Not sure what you want to know,
Win XP,
yellow shield, when i click on it i say install lastest updates, it trys to
then says updates could not be installed, no error number,
but the number of the update is KB 952287,
just tell me how to get rid of the yellow shield,

"TaurArian" wrote:

> We don't know.
>
> Please supply further details as previously requested.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "widget" <widget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why can I not do this up date, it will not complete.

Alias

Re: KB 952287
widget wrote:
> Not sure what you want to know,
> Win XP,
> yellow shield, when i click on it i say install lastest updates, it trys to
> then says updates could not be installed, no error number,
> but the number of the update is KB 952287,
> just tell me how to get rid of the yellow shield,

Right click on My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates tab/disable. Done.

Alias

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> We don't know.
>>
>> Please supply further details as previously requested.
>>

>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "widget" <widget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Why can I not do this up date, it will not complete.

widget

Re: KB 952287
Don't know what you mean by /disable
have not got that 'word' in My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates
tab/disable

"Alias" wrote:

> widget wrote:
> > Not sure what you want to know,
> > Win XP,
> > yellow shield, when i click on it i say install lastest updates, it trys to
> > then says updates could not be installed, no error number,
> > but the number of the update is KB 952287,
> > just tell me how to get rid of the yellow shield,

> Right click on My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates tab/disable. Done.
>
> Alias
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> We don't know.
> >>
> >> Please supply further details as previously requested.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: KB 952287
1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
complete | Uncheck/deselect KB952287and hide it ("Don't show me this update
again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

widget wrote:
> Don't know what you mean by /disable
> have not got that 'word' in My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates
> tab/disable

What I meant is turn it off.

Alias

> "Alias" wrote:
>
>> widget wrote:
>>> Not sure what you want to know,
>>> Win XP,
>>> yellow shield, when i click on it i say install lastest updates, it trys to
>>> then says updates could not be installed, no error number,
>>> but the number of the update is KB 952287,
>>> just tell me how to get rid of the yellow shield,

>> Right click on My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates tab/disable. Done.
>>
>> Alias

widget

Re: KB 952287
Thank you both I have now done it.