Windows XP Service Pack 3

Brad

Windows XP Service Pack 3
I can't get Service Pack 3 to install. During the installation process, I
get a message box that says SP3 Set up Error Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy
Check). When I check the OK box, the set up discontinues and eventually I
get the message Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work
properly. When I go to the update history and shows the installation of SP3
as failed it says Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)

Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Brad wrote:
> I can't get Service Pack 3 to install. During the installation process, I
> get a message box that says SP3 Set up Error Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy
> Check). When I check the OK box, the set up discontinues and eventually I
> get the message Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work
> properly. When I go to the update history and shows the installation of
> SP3
> as failed it says Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)

TaurArian

RE: Windows XP Service Pack 3
"Error Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)"

Which indicates that your computer cannot read the installation files.

Your copy of SP3 may be corrupt or in the alternative, your hard drive needs
a little attention like defrag, check disk etc.

--
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009