service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackUnins

Vero

service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackUnins
Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
help. Thanks.
Alias

Re: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackUnins
Vero wrote:
> Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> help. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with memory. It has to do with the size of the free
space on your hard drive.

Alias
williamtell

Re: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
In Add/Remove, uninstall programs that you do not use and can do without.
--
WT

"Alias" wrote:

> Vero wrote:
> > Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> > enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> > additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> > for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> > Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> > enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> > help. Thanks.

> It has nothing to do with memory. It has to do with the size of the free
> space on your hard drive.
>
> Alias

Vero

Re: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
thank you for replying so fast. I already did that and still have the same
message. Where do you see the available free space?

"williamtell" wrote:

> In Add/Remove, uninstall programs that you do not use and can do without.
> --
> WT
>

> "Alias" wrote:
>
> > Vero wrote:
> > > Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> > > enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> > > additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> > > for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> > > Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> > > enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> > > help. Thanks.

> > It has nothing to do with memory. It has to do with the size of the free
> > space on your hard drive.
> >
> > Alias

williamtell

Re: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
One fast and easy place to check and see available disk space is to click
start>defragmenter, you will see the stats.
--
WT

"Vero" wrote:

> thank you for replying so fast. I already did that and still have the same
> message. Where do you see the available free space?
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
> > In Add/Remove, uninstall programs that you do not use and can do without.
> > --
> > WT

> > > It has nothing to do with memory. It has to do with the size of the free
> > > space on your hard drive.
> > >
> > > Alias

Re: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackUnins
Error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "You do not
have enough free disk space on %SystemDrive% to install Service Pack 3":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949385

TIP: See http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm before
attempting to install SP3 again.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Vero wrote:
> Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of
> 4
> additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the
> files
> for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I
> need help. Thanks.

williamtell

RE: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackUnins
Sorry, start>accessories>system tools>defragmenter, also have you cleaned
your house, delete temp files, delete cookies, run disk cleanup.
--
WT

"Vero" wrote:

> Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> help. Thanks.

Vero

RE: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
Thanks I will do so.

"williamtell" wrote:

> Sorry, start>accessories>system tools>defragmenter, also have you cleaned
> your house, delete temp files, delete cookies, run disk cleanup.
> --
> WT
>

> "Vero" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> > enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> > additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> > for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> > Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> > enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> > help. Thanks.

Vero

RE: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
If I look at free space I have 197GB, capacity 233GB, and % free space is
84%, should this be enough ?

"williamtell" wrote:

> Sorry, start>accessories>system tools>defragmenter, also have you cleaned
> your house, delete temp files, delete cookies, run disk cleanup.
> --
> WT
>

> "Vero" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I try to install service pack 3 and I have this error message of not
> > enough disk space to install Service Pack 3. Setup requires a minimum of 4
> > additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files
> > for uninstallation, Setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space.
> > Free additional space on your hard disk and then try again. But I have
> > enough memory!!! what can I do to install the Service pack 3. Please I need
> > help. Thanks.

williamtell

RE: service pack3 not enough disk space c:\windows\$NtServicePackU
Vero, all I can pass along is that when I downloaded and installed SP3, I
showed 83% available on my machine.
--
WT