Error Number:0x80070442

djvibesz

Error Number:0x80070442
I can not turn on my automatic updates. I tried everything, I when to
services and tried to turn them on,nothing happen. Then an error came up and
said that the service is either disable or there is no device. Something like
that. So now when I go to Windows update, it takes me to a page with the
error number:0x80070442 and telling me that all the services are not started.
Also everytime I go to automatic updates in services and press apply it just
disables itslef again.Another thing is I can't use my internet to browse and
spam and pop-ups keep coming up. I've had this problem for more that 2 week
and its really pissing me off because my laptop is garbage now.And I don't
want to format it. So please can someone help me with this problem?

Re: Error Number:0x80070442
Judging by the ever-increasing number of posts here in the past few months
that are similar to yours, the behavior may be due to a Vundo-ZLOB-SDBot
infection, all protected by a rootkit infection.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

djvibesz wrote:
> I can not turn on my automatic updates. I tried everything, I when to
> services and tried to turn them on,nothing happen. Then an error came up
> and
> said that the service is either disable or there is no device. Something
> like that. So now when I go to Windows update, it takes me to a page with
> the error number:0x80070442 and telling me that all the services are not
> started. Also everytime I go to automatic updates in services and press
> apply it just disables itslef again.Another thing is I can't use my
> internet to browse and spam and pop-ups keep coming up. I've had this
> problem for more that 2 week and its really pissing me off because my
> laptop is garbage now.And I don't want to format it. So please can someone
> help me with this problem?

djvibesz

Re: Error Number:0x80070442
Thanks for your help. But I found another form that said to run a program
call superAntivirus. I scaned my computer and it found lots for things, then
I restarted my computer. When to services and started automatic updates and
everything worked. But before that I remove a folder in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wuauserv.
Would that effect anything?

Also when all for that was finish, i went on to that internet and It was
still not searching anything it didnt go anywhere. But I was able to go to
the windows update page by clicking the windows update icon.
Can you help me with this problem?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Judging by the ever-increasing number of posts here in the past few months
> that are similar to yours, the behavior may be due to a Vundo-ZLOB-SDBot
> infection, all protected by a rootkit infection.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> djvibesz wrote:
> > I can not turn on my automatic updates. I tried everything, I when to
> > services and tried to turn them on,nothing happen. Then an error came up
> > and
> > said that the service is either disable or there is no device. Something
> > like that. So now when I go to Windows update, it takes me to a page with
> > the error number:0x80070442 and telling me that all the services are not
> > started. Also everytime I go to automatic updates in services and press
> > apply it just disables itslef again.Another thing is I can't use my
> > internet to browse and spam and pop-ups keep coming up. I've had this
> > problem for more that 2 week and its really pissing me off because my
> > laptop is garbage now.And I don't want to format it. So please can someone
> > help me with this problem?

Re: Error Number:0x80070442
Repost:
> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything
> on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

No anti-spyware application or online scan is going to resolve this problem.
--
~PA Bear