error number 0x8DDD0018

edgarg33

error number 0x8DDD0018
HI, well i have this problem now, i start my laptop and i see this message at
the begining :
fatal error:
system setuplog - (c:\windows\setuperr.log)

i checked in automatic updates, they are off, i tried to turn it on but
nothing happened. i followed the steps to enable automatic updates:

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is
not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install
high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more
quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click
Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer
Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click
Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE BITS AND THE EVENT LOG. i only have problems with
automatic updates, it doesnt let me start the process, i follow the first
step trying to chose AUTOMATIC on the startup type list but they put me back
to DISABLE and i cannot start the service status.

I M SORRY I WAS SOO LONG.
please, i just hope you can find a solution for this problem.
thank you very much.

--
nada realmente especial, gracias por todo...!!
kevscrns

RE: error number 0x8DDD0018
I'm havng the exact same problem I wish I had an answer.
Hopefully in my next Virus update there will be an answer.
It's got to be a bug.

KC

"edgarg33" wrote:

> HI, well i have this problem now, i start my laptop and i see this message at
> the begining :
> fatal error:
> system setuplog - (c:\windows\setuperr.log)
>
> i checked in automatic updates, they are off, i tried to turn it on but
> nothing happened. i followed the steps to enable automatic updates:
>
> The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is
> not running:
>
> Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install
> high-priority updates for your computer)
> Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more
> quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
> Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
> troubleshooting, if needed)
> To make sure these services are running:
> 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
> 2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
> 3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click
> Properties.
> 4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
> 5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is
> Stopped click on the Start Button.
> 6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer
> Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
> 7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
> 8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
> Stopped click on the Start Button.
> 9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click
> Properties.
> 10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
> 11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
> Stopped click on the Start Button.
>
> I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE BITS AND THE EVENT LOG. i only have problems with
> automatic updates, it doesnt let me start the process, i follow the first
> step trying to chose AUTOMATIC on the startup type list but they put me back
> to DISABLE and i cannot start the service status.
>
> I M SORRY I WAS SOO LONG.
> please, i just hope you can find a solution for this problem.
> thank you very much.
>
> --
> nada realmente especial, gracias por todo...!!

TaurArian

Re: error number 0x8DDD0018
You may receive an error message that contains the "0x8DDD0018" code or the
"0x80246008" code when you try to download updates from the Microsoft
Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910337

You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
the requested page" error message when you try to install an update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org