cannot install sp3

FUZZY

cannot install sp3
WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL SP3 ON MY WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, ABOUT HALF WAY
THROUGH I GET A "ACCESS IS DENIED" AND THEN A "INSTALATION DID NOT COMPETE".
WHEN I GO TO MY WINDOWS UPATE AND GO INTO MY "REVIEW UPDATE HISTORY" , I GET
AN ERROR CODE: 0X80070005 (WHICK I CAN'T FIND NO HELP WHEN I LOOK IN ERROE
MESSAGESANY SUGGESTIONS???????????
--
FUZZY
Gordon

Re: cannot install sp3
"FUZZY" <FUZZY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL SP3 ON MY WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, ABOUT HALF WAY
> THROUGH I GET A "ACCESS IS DENIED" AND THEN A "INSTALATION DID NOT
> COMPETE".
> WHEN I GO TO MY WINDOWS UPATE AND GO INTO MY "REVIEW UPDATE HISTORY" , I
> GET
> AN ERROR CODE: 0X80070005 (WHICK I CAN'T FIND NO HELP WHEN I LOOK IN ERROE
> MESSAGESANY SUGGESTIONS???????????
> --
> FUZZY

Perhaps it's because your Caps lock is stuck?

Have a look here:

Error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3:
"Access is denied" or �Service Pack installation did not complete�

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Shenan Stanley

Re: cannot install sp3
FUZZY wrote:
> WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL SP3 ON MY WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, ABOUT HALF
> WAY THROUGH I GET A "ACCESS IS DENIED" AND THEN A "INSTALATION DID
> NOT COMPETE". WHEN I GO TO MY WINDOWS UPATE AND GO INTO MY "REVIEW
> UPDATE HISTORY" , I GET AN ERROR CODE: 0X80070005 (WHICK I CAN'T
> FIND NO HELP WHEN I LOOK IN ERROE MESSAGESANY SUGGESTIONS???????????

First off - there are likely many good reasons major publications and those
with a message in print they would like others to read use a mix of
uppercase and lowercase lettering - if nothing else - it is easier to read
for most people. For many people - the all-uppercase lettering may indicate
a 'screaming' type effect (all-lowercase perhaps is lethargic...?)

I suggest that if you want to post a query/response in the future - you
utilize a more 'normal' means and present the post with the proper mixture
of upper/lowercase that you may have been taught in school and/or see in
today's more widely read publications. You are more likely to get someone
to not only read what you have to say - but fully comprehend it and not feel
like they are just defending themselves against someone screaming at them
due to their own frustrations.

I have no idea why you cannot find what you are looking for. Despite there
being a multitude of search engines and things indexed out there - if the
person doing the searching does not type in the proper keywords and/or they
do not have the patience or knowledge to 'tweak' their search as they learn
more from the initial searches - they may be unable to find what they are
looking for.

In your case - I probably would have Googled for:

"Access Denied" "Windows XP" SP3

And probably would have found many hits - but one would likely have included
this advice:

Try Method 3 of this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

And likely would have included other advice like:

A place to get FREE support for SP3 installation issues *from Microsoft*...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

And might have even explained (somewhere) how to obtain the ISO of the CD
containing SP3 for installation and/or where to download the stand-alone
(sometimes referred to as IT Professional version) SP3 installer (and know -
despite what anything you read says - you can be installing SP3 on a single
computer and those two formats will work fine.)

Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers

Hope that helps!

--
Shenan Stanley