Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Trouble with automatic updates

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2008
Daraikan
 

Posts: n/a
Trouble with automatic updates
Hello,

My windows update is unable to "update important files and services while
the system is using them" (loosely translated from Norwegian). No matter how
many times I restart my computer, I always get the same message, hence my
version of Windows Vista has been unable to update itself for a few weeks,
which can't possibly be healthy. Is there any way to fix this, or at least to
see what "files and services" the bugger wants to update, so I can close them
before restarting the computer?

Regards
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
The system is attempting to install the required software components so
that it can continue to update.
Suggest you try this, Daraikan ... go here and download and *save* the
latest Version of the Windows Update Agent [WUA] from the links provided
on this page:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1172

The system is either 32 or 64 bit. If you don't know for sure, then run
msinfo32 from Start > Run.
Look in the right frame for either x86 or x64

After the download completes, close all open programs and browsers.
*Move* the saved WUA executable, windowsupdateagent30-xXX.exe to
C:\ [ it will either be windowsupdateagent30-x86, or x64 ]

*** Disconnect the system from the net/network.
Completely DISABLE all installed antivirus/security suites/anti-malware
software for now. ***

Click Start Search, type in
command
Click the Search orb or press Enter
*RIGHT* click command, choose 'Run as administrator'
Follow the prompts
At the Command Prompt type in the below *exactly* as written, pressing
Enter after *each command*

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
c:\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe /wuforce
net start wuauserv
exit

Reboot the system. [NOTE: if the system is x64, then substitute that for
x86]

*** Prior to reconnecting the system, reenable the installed
antivirus/security suites/anti-malware software ***

Now try and update the system from the Windows Update icon in the
Control Panel.

If not, copy and paste the last 50 or so lines from the
WindowsUpdate.log, located in WINDOWS, into your reply, please.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Daraikan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My windows update is unable to "update important files and services while
> the system is using them" (loosely translated from Norwegian). No matter how
> many times I restart my computer, I always get the same message, hence my
> version of Windows Vista has been unable to update itself for a few weeks,
> which can't possibly be healthy. Is there any way to fix this, or at least to
> see what "files and services" the bugger wants to update, so I can close them
> before restarting the computer?
>
> Regards

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2008
Daraikan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
Tried the update agent, but it's still unable to install the updates. Might
be something in here:

***********
2008-09-01 15:02:24:666 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 1
updates.
2008-09-01 15:02:24:713 1024 ce8 Misc Validating signature for
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D\wuredir.cab:
2008-09-01 15:02:24:806 1024 ce8 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-09-01 15:02:24:806 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation server path:
http://update.microsoft.com/v6/Updat...egulation.asmx.
2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU # Reconnecting download for 1 updates
2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU # Reconnected 1 pending download calls
2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2008-09-02 01:00:00
2008-09-01 15:02:25:243 1024 708 AU WARNING: GetPostRebootResults failed,
error = 0x80070005
2008-09-01 15:02:25:243 1024 708 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Download Progress'
2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 708 AU AU finished delayed initialization
2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Reboot Pending'
2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU #############
2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU #########
2008-09-01 15:02:25:290 1024 c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Per-Update:
bf67eacc-5adb-4068-b160-2a89eb8970cf at rate 3000
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF}.103] ***********
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Update is not allowed to
download due to regulation.
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 7b8 AU AU checked download status and it
changed: Downloading is paused
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF}.103] ***********
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Update is not allowed to
download due to regulation.
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent *************
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent *********
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Online = No; Ignore download
priority = No
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Criteria = "IsInstalled=0 and
DeploymentAction='Installation' or IsPresent=1 and
DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' or IsInstalled=1 and
DeploymentAction='Installation' and RebootRequired=1 or IsInstalled=0 and
DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and RebootRequired=1"
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * ServiceID =
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}
2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver DriverUtil marking
{50BEB63D-0343-4059-88C0-E6AE726ECF0B}.100 e_detectionStateInstallable
2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Matched driver to device
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC&SUBSYS_E03A1631&REV_A2
2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Status: 0x180200a, ProblemNumber:
00000000
2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Calculated driver attributes as
0x00000000
2008-09-01 15:02:40:259 1024 c AU Launched new AU client for directive
'Reboot Pending', session id = 0x1
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{50BEB63D-0343-4059-88C0-E6AE726ECF0B}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
{DFED1488-A8DB-44A6-B403-BC92696D9CE6}.102 is pruned out due to potential
supersedence
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{8162EB82-1A8D-4744-85B6-E06816B3A0A5}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
{86257641-3137-4584-A786-873E2EFF9AFB}.100 is pruned out due to potential
supersedence
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{2470E441-42FA-4397-B6AE-9E5498F47962}.103 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{9EBD1879-314B-4804-B08E-7237882AC16F}.106 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{79902125-4117-4E8E-860C-E985E5E5653F}.104 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{A980D794-9CCF-45D3-A897-3A5C8AE9A145}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{1F14AC0B-0F38-4E4A-A606-B3A2EBD72244}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
{3FBFAF12-C278-4255-B122-CB1DF7F84B3A}.106 is pruned out due to potential
supersedence
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{3094C6A1-DABB-41E0-BB26-07B281FAC090}.103 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
{B66D353C-06F3-412C-B10F-05989449C3FD}.100 is pruned out due to potential
supersedence
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{630CC5DB-DCA2-46CB-87DC-016AD31950EA}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{51BDD3D2-C81B-41D3-98CC-C8325152D590}.102 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{22117536-789A-4A34-B982-346595EF0B3C}.101 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{3EE8157D-8C29-4AB2-827C-53AEF51AF4C4}.101 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{609A7B71-DB3B-4FEE-9954-072192AEA663}.102 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{5F53A02F-39BD-4D11-8E52-C36ADE3C8C00}.105 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{6D9E51F5-CFA0-4DC3-86D8-5019D6F115B3}.103 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{FA78AD7C-EF61-4034-91BD-9A26AF9AA1B9}.104 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{64A82FB2-DCAF-4068-98D2-55709C3E1462}.102 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{8D79EC47-5110-42B8-8009-D740F2995585}.105 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{FD447DBB-FF91-45B8-967D-4688AC0C97B9}.103 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{5284F06D-95FC-427C-9233-10ECD0489019}.105 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
{21BCAD0E-37DF-4D5F-B806-48841D2D149A}.100 to search result
2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Found 21 updates and 46
categories in search; evaluated appl. rules of 643 out of 1126 deployed
entities
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent *********
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent *************
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 7b8 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 7b8 AU # 21 updates detected
2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Report REPORT EVENT:
{7F255BAB-AC16-4A77-971E-BFA0EB96ADF6} 2008-09-01
15:02:25:243+0200 1 188 102 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content
Install Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready
for installation. This computer is currently scheduled to install these
updates on ‎2. ‎september ‎2008 at 03:00: - Oppdatering for Windows Vista
(KB950125) - Akkumulert oppdatering for Media Center for Windows Vista
(KB950126) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Mail for Windows Vista
(KB951066) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB951978) - Akkumulert
sikkerhetsoppdatering for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB953839) -
Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB952287) - Oppdatering for søppelpostfilteret
i Windows Mail [august 2008] (KB905866) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows
Vista (KB951376) - Akkumulert sikkerhetsoppdatering for Internet Explorer 7
på Windows Vista (KB953838) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB955020) -
Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB950124) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows
Vista (KB950974) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB951072) -
Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Vista (KB950582) - Oppdatering for Windows
Vista (KB952709) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Vista (KB953733)
2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU #########
2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU #############
2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2008-09-02 01:00:00

Apparently, it's sceduled to install a load of updates tomorrow, so this
could be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
The updates are downloaded and awaiting the scheduled installation time.
Suggest you either disconnect the system prior to the installation time
and disable the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware software
or, do those steps now, and then restart the system down and choose to
install the updates on the restart.
Hopefully, that will allow all the updates to install without issue,
Daraikan.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Daraikan wrote:

> Tried the update agent, but it's still unable to install the updates. Might
> be something in here:
>
> ***********
> 2008-09-01 15:02:24:666 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 1
> updates.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:24:713 1024 ce8 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D\wuredir.cab:
> 2008-09-01 15:02:24:806 1024 ce8 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-09-01 15:02:24:806 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation server path:
> http://update.microsoft.com/v6/Updat...egulation.asmx.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU # Reconnecting download for 1 updates
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU # Reconnected 1 pending download calls
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:181 1024 708 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
> 2008-09-02 01:00:00
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:243 1024 708 AU WARNING: GetPostRebootResults failed,
> error = 0x80070005
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:243 1024 708 AU AU setting pending client directive to
> 'Download Progress'
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 708 AU AU finished delayed initialization
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU AU setting pending client directive to
> 'Reboot Pending'
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU #############
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:274 1024 c AU #########
> 2008-09-01 15:02:25:290 1024 c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
> [CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Per-Update:
> bf67eacc-5adb-4068-b160-2a89eb8970cf at rate 3000
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
> 0x00000000
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
> job [UpdateId = {BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF}.103] ***********
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
> {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
> BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
> download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Update is not allowed to
> download due to regulation.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
> {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
> BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
> download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:27:817 1024 7b8 AU AU checked download status and it
> changed: Downloading is paused
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
> job [UpdateId = {BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF}.103] ***********
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
> {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
> BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
> download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr * Update is not allowed to
> download due to regulation.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 DnldMgr Regulation:
> {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} - Update
> BF67EACC-5ADB-4068-B160-2A89EB8970CF is "PerUpdate" regulated and can NOT
> download. Sequence 4501 vs AcceptRate 3000.
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent *************
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent *********
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Online = No; Ignore download
> priority = No
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Criteria = "IsInstalled=0 and
> DeploymentAction='Installation' or IsPresent=1 and
> DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' or IsInstalled=1 and
> DeploymentAction='Installation' and RebootRequired=1 or IsInstalled=0 and
> DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and RebootRequired=1"
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * ServiceID =
> {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}
> 2008-09-01 15:02:28:051 1024 ce8 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
> 2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver DriverUtil marking
> {50BEB63D-0343-4059-88C0-E6AE726ECF0B}.100 e_detectionStateInstallable
> 2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Matched driver to device
> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC&SUBSYS_E03A1631&REV_A2
> 2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Status: 0x180200a, ProblemNumber:
> 00000000
> 2008-09-01 15:02:31:608 1024 ce8 Driver Calculated driver attributes as
> 0x00000000
> 2008-09-01 15:02:40:259 1024 c AU Launched new AU client for directive
> 'Reboot Pending', session id = 0x1
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {50BEB63D-0343-4059-88C0-E6AE726ECF0B}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
> {DFED1488-A8DB-44A6-B403-BC92696D9CE6}.102 is pruned out due to potential
> supersedence
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {8162EB82-1A8D-4744-85B6-E06816B3A0A5}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
> {86257641-3137-4584-A786-873E2EFF9AFB}.100 is pruned out due to potential
> supersedence
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {2470E441-42FA-4397-B6AE-9E5498F47962}.103 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {9EBD1879-314B-4804-B08E-7237882AC16F}.106 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {79902125-4117-4E8E-860C-E985E5E5653F}.104 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {A980D794-9CCF-45D3-A897-3A5C8AE9A145}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {1F14AC0B-0F38-4E4A-A606-B3A2EBD72244}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
> {3FBFAF12-C278-4255-B122-CB1DF7F84B3A}.106 is pruned out due to potential
> supersedence
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {3094C6A1-DABB-41E0-BB26-07B281FAC090}.103 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent Update
> {B66D353C-06F3-412C-B10F-05989449C3FD}.100 is pruned out due to potential
> supersedence
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {630CC5DB-DCA2-46CB-87DC-016AD31950EA}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {51BDD3D2-C81B-41D3-98CC-C8325152D590}.102 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {22117536-789A-4A34-B982-346595EF0B3C}.101 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {3EE8157D-8C29-4AB2-827C-53AEF51AF4C4}.101 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {609A7B71-DB3B-4FEE-9954-072192AEA663}.102 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {5F53A02F-39BD-4D11-8E52-C36ADE3C8C00}.105 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {6D9E51F5-CFA0-4DC3-86D8-5019D6F115B3}.103 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {FA78AD7C-EF61-4034-91BD-9A26AF9AA1B9}.104 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {64A82FB2-DCAF-4068-98D2-55709C3E1462}.102 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {8D79EC47-5110-42B8-8009-D740F2995585}.105 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {FD447DBB-FF91-45B8-967D-4688AC0C97B9}.103 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {5284F06D-95FC-427C-9233-10ECD0489019}.105 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Added update
> {21BCAD0E-37DF-4D5F-B806-48841D2D149A}.100 to search result
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:131 1024 ce8 Agent * Found 21 updates and 46
> categories in search; evaluated appl. rules of 643 out of 1126 deployed
> entities
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent *********
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Agent *************
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 7b8 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
> [CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 7b8 AU # 21 updates detected
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:162 1024 ce8 Report REPORT EVENT:
> {7F255BAB-AC16-4A77-971E-BFA0EB96ADF6} 2008-09-01
> 15:02:25:243+0200 1 188 102 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content
> Install Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready
> for installation. This computer is currently scheduled to install these
> updates on ‎2. ‎september ‎2008 at 03:00: - Oppdatering for Windows Vista
> (KB950125) - Akkumulert oppdatering for Media Center for Windows Vista
> (KB950126) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Mail for Windows Vista
> (KB951066) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB951978) - Akkumulert
> sikkerhetsoppdatering for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB953839) -
> Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB952287) - Oppdatering for søppelpostfilteret
> i Windows Mail [august 2008] (KB905866) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows
> Vista (KB951376) - Akkumulert sikkerhetsoppdatering for Internet Explorer 7
> på Windows Vista (KB953838) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB955020) -
> Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB950124) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows
> Vista (KB950974) - Oppdatering for Windows Vista (KB951072) -
> Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Vista (KB950582) - Oppdatering for Windows
> Vista (KB952709) - Sikkerhetsoppdatering for Windows Vista (KB953733)
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU #########
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
> [CallId = {EBF0EEEC-561D-4201-A123-30CED5CF3E95}]
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU #############
> 2008-09-01 15:02:42:225 1024 7b8 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
> 2008-09-02 01:00:00
>
> Apparently, it's sceduled to install a load of updates tomorrow, so this
> could be interesting.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2008
Daraikan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
That bit resulted in a bit progress, now I got one update installed. Ended up
with yet another "Windows update cannot update the files and services while
the system is using them. Save all open files and restart the computer." Kind
of weird that it can only install updates on the time of the scheduled
install. And bad too, as I've got a list of important and recommended updates
listed as "waiting" in the update log. I reckon I'll see if this can work
sometime I've got a bit more time to try out the scheduled timings.

Thanks,
Darai.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
Daraikan wrote:

> Kind
> of weird that it can only install updates on the time of the scheduled
> install.


Have you tried using the Windows Update control panel?

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
>> Ended up with yet another "Windows update cannot update the files and services while
>> the system is using them. Save all open files and restart the computer."


The installation of the updates sometimes is dependent on updating
components or system components first. Without knowing which update
installed first all I could offer would be guesses, Daraikan.

First guess is that this is the update that needed to install
independently of the others: MS08-049: Vulnerability in Event System
could allow remote code execution
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950974

Since the Event log logs the installation of the updates, perhaps that
is one that needed to be installed first and the system restarted to
allow it's files, which are in use, to be updated.


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:

> Daraikan wrote:
>
>> Kind of weird that it can only install updates on the time of the
>> scheduled install.

>
>
> Have you tried using the Windows Update control panel?
>
> Harry.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2008
Daraikan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
I've checked through the Windows Update control panel, but there really
aren't much helpful thingies in there. The updates still can't be finished
due to other files being in use.

Downloaded the kb950974 update for Vista and I am pretty sure that it is in
fact Vista I am using, but I got a pop up saying that "The update is not
valid for the system" ("oppdateringen gjelder ikke for systemet"). The way I
see it, I am sort of running out of options here, but I am grateful of the
possible solutions you are giving me.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with my version of Windows Vista?

Regards,
Daraikan.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
Thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6c037f5b6f6e9b

[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.]

Mysteriously enough, the error is telling you that the update has already
installed.

Please state your current Windows version (e.g., Vista; Vista SP1).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


Daraikan wrote:
> I've checked through the Windows Update control panel, but there really
> aren't much helpful thingies in there. The updates still can't be finished
> due to other files being in use.
>
> Downloaded the kb950974 update for Vista and I am pretty sure that it is
> in
> fact Vista I am using, but I got a pop up saying that "The update is not
> valid for the system" ("oppdateringen gjelder ikke for systemet"). The way
> I
> see it, I am sort of running out of options here, but I am grateful of the
> possible solutions you are giving me.
>
> Is it possible that there is something wrong with my version of Windows
> Vista?
>
> Regards,
> Daraikan.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2008
Daraikan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trouble with automatic updates
I am currently using Windows Vista SP1.

Regards,
Daraikan.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Thread history:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6c037f5b6f6e9b
>
> [To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.]
>
> Mysteriously enough, the error is telling you that the update has already
> installed.
>
> Please state your current Windows version (e.g., Vista; Vista SP1).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
>
> Daraikan wrote:
> > I've checked through the Windows Update control panel, but there really
> > aren't much helpful thingies in there. The updates still can't be finished
> > due to other files being in use.
> >
> > Downloaded the kb950974 update for Vista and I am pretty sure that it is
> > in
> > fact Vista I am using, but I got a pop up saying that "The update is not
> > valid for the system" ("oppdateringen gjelder ikke for systemet"). The way
> > I
> > see it, I am sort of running out of options here, but I am grateful of the
> > possible solutions you are giving me.
> >
> > Is it possible that there is something wrong with my version of Windows
> > Vista?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Daraikan.

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I get automatic Windows updates if that feature is greyed out in Automatic Updates in System Properties? nospam1@nospam.xxy microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 08-22-2008 03:25
HELP! Can't change Automatic Updates or check for updates! VKGT microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 07-01-2008 06:27
Automatic updates not working/cannot restore hidden updates johno microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 06-26-2008 15:07
Having trouble with automatic downloads frustrated too! microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-25-2008 20:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:12.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120