Hey

Angela Nelson

Hey
I found out there are a lot more reasons why this error comes up. Just like someone said a few posts, back the error means there is no connection. Why there is not is something you have to resolve. I suggest following some of the step by step tutorials that are out there on the web if your still having trouble resolving this.

If your still having trouble after actually trying, you can email me at area52 -=]at[=- gtfonow.com

Angela,

Angela Nelson

opps
Link didn't show up. I think it's because I'm in text version? It's http://computerquestionhelp.com/0x800CCC0E.html
Peter Foldes

Re: Hey
Angela

(1) What does this gibberish have to do with Windows Update

(2)0x800CCC0E can be caused by your AV scanning in and outgoing emails

(3) Port number in the SMTP can be set wrong

(4) Where is the error message in it's entirety which you did not post

(5) Post this issue to the Outlook newsgroup instead if here along with the actual error message

(6) Read the following

http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm

--
Peter

<Angela Nelson> wrote in message news:20088315506area52@gtfonow.com...
>I found out there are a lot more reasons why this error comes up. Just like someone said a few posts, back the error means there is no connection. Why there is not is something you have to resolve. I suggest following some of the step by step tutorials that are out there on the web if your still having trouble resolving this.

> If your still having trouble after actually trying, you can email me at area52 -=]at[=- gtfonow.com
>
> Angela,

Gordon

Re: Hey
> Angela

> (1) What does this gibberish have to do with Windows Update

The OP appears to be posting from some sort of forum that leaches off the MS
news servers.
I can't for the life of me find what forum is using this IP - there are LOTS
of orphaned and gibberish posts emanating from this IP in all the MS
groups...

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Hey
Gordon wrote:

> The OP appears to be posting from some sort of forum that leaches off
> the MS news servers.
> I can't for the life of me find what forum is using this IP - there are
> LOTS of orphaned and gibberish posts emanating from this IP in all the
> MS groups...

All you'd want to ever possibly now about dimenoc.com, Gordon:

http://samspade.org/whois/72.29.94.4...ic.dimenoc.com

http://www.aboutus.org/DimeNOC.com

That's all I'm gonna read. Time for a beer. <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten