SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization

Larry

SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization
This is my fourth try at installing this update. Each time when I
discontinued the instlaiation a lengthy and annoying reboot process takes
place making significant changes to my system.

Why is no one from Micro Soft responding to this obvious deficiency with
this up date.?

Jim

Re: SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is my fourth try at installing this update. Each time when I
> discontinued the instlaiation a lengthy and annoying reboot process takes
> place making significant changes to my system.
>
> Why is no one from Micro Soft responding to this obvious deficiency with
> this up date.?

Perhaps because nobody has reported this problem? Posting here does not
constitute reporting to MS.
PABear (among others) has posted the place to post for free update support
of SP3.

I certainly hope that you furnish more details about your problem. As it
is, all I can tell is that the update is failing.

Jim

Jerry

Re: SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization
WinXP SP3 tech net forum:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is my fourth try at installing this update. Each time when I
> discontinued the instlaiation a lengthy and annoying reboot process takes
> place making significant changes to my system.
>
> Why is no one from Micro Soft responding to this obvious deficiency with
> this up date.?

Re: SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization
If you're installing WinXP SP3 via Windows Update or Automatic Updates, it
could take 2 hours or more for the installation to complete.

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Larry wrote:
> This is my fourth try at installing this update. Each time when I
> discontinued the instlaiation a lengthy and annoying reboot process takes
> place making significant changes to my system.
>
> Why is no one from Micro Soft responding to this obvious deficiency with
> this up date.?

Larry

Re: SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization
I left the instalation running over night which should certainly be
sufficient time, as it is it simply freezes. It is installed through
automatic updates. Thanks for the re-direct to help site