No sound

Erv56Dawg

No sound
I recently installed firefox, and after downloading several videos with
"flv" format, I tried to open them and was sent to look for a program. When
search results appeared, I assumed, by looking carefully at the results, that
I needed to clean my registry. I use AML, and have never had problems with
this program. So, after cleaning my registry, I still had no sound, or the
"volume" icon on the bottom bar. I tryed going back to an earlier "restore"
date and got the icon, but no sound!! After following the trouble shooter, I
got to "audio configuration", I did the speaker test, and lo and behold, the
speakers worked!! That's the only place!! At one point, I wound up trying to
install drivers, and I was told to load my "XP PRO' disc. I don't have it any
more, but I don't understand Why my pc needed it. When I was downloading the
videos, (from yahoo news) I heard the occasional noise blurbs associated with
my dinosaur dial-up, but never thought a thing about it, and that was the
first time that I noticed the missing icon. I'm getting frustrated, and feel
lucky to be here at all!! Was it firefox? Was it AMl? Was it virus? Is it
--
Dawg

Re: No sound
How does *your* problem pertain to Windows Update?