Windows Update service deleted!

Tundo

Windows Update service deleted!
I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had to
uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.
Tundo

RE: Windows Update service deleted!
Forgot to include the essentials, Vista 34 bit, if anyhting else is needed, I
can supply.

"Tundo" wrote:

> I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
> windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had to
> uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tundo wrote:
> I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
> windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had
> uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

Tundo

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
yeah already read that, was looking for a more human reply, there is no
malware on my comp anymore.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Tundo wrote:
> > I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
> > windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had
> > uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
I can assure you that you've not fully recovered from the hijackware
infection, my friend. If you don't want to seek the assistance of an expert
in such matters by posting in an appropriate forum (We don't deal with this
in public newsgroups, and certainly not in this newsgroup), best to wipe &
reload.

Good luck.
--
~PA Bear

Tundo wrote:
> yeah already read that, was looking for a more human reply, there is no
> malware on my comp anymore.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>>
>> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
>> log to an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
>> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
>> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
>>
>> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
>> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
>> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
>> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
>> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
>> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for
>> review
>> by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
>> shop.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Tundo wrote:
>>> I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
>>> windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I
>>> had
>>> uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

Tundo

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
bitdefender 2009 cant find anything left, malwarebytes scanner cant find
anything at all, windows liveone online scanner cant find anything left, f
force cant find anything left, i even did two rootkit scans, one scanner
found a rootkit, and got rid of it. i think its gone. It would be a miracle
for something to still be here. Now getting beck to my issue, how can I get
the windows update service back, clean reinstall, is there a hotfix for this
maybe, do I need to uninstall updates, then reinstall them?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I can assure you that you've not fully recovered from the hijackware
> infection, my friend. If you don't want to seek the assistance of an expert
> in such matters by posting in an appropriate forum (We don't deal with this
> in public newsgroups, and certainly not in this newsgroup), best to wipe &
> reload.
>
> Good luck.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Tundo wrote:
> > yeah already read that, was looking for a more human reply, there is no
> > malware on my comp anymore.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
> >>
> >> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> >> log to an appropriate forum.
> >>
> >> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> >> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> >> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
> >>
> >> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
> >> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> >> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
> >> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> >> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> >> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> >> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
> >> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for
> >> review
> >> by an expert in such matters, not here.**
> >>
> >> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> >> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> >> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
> >> shop.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
You've not stated which malwares were involved and for all we know
there's still the possibility/likelihood of hidden malware. Your
description of the corruption and subsequent deletion of the Windows
Update service sounds as if it was a Zlob/Vundo/Virtumonde infection.
The latest variants of that 'malware cocktail' contain a rootkit-like
component.

Having a malware removal expert assist you at one of the reputable
anti-malware forums would be a wise move.
If/when you get the WU service restored and the system *still* has some
hidden 'guests', it will be corrupted/deleted again.

> Vista 34 bit

And BTW, Vista is 32 bit, there isn't any '34 bit' OS of anything.

It's your system, do what you want with it.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Tundo wrote:

> yeah already read that, was looking for a more human reply, there is no
> malware on my comp anymore.
>

>>Tundo wrote:
>>
>>>I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
>>>windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had
>>>uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

Re: Windows Update service deleted!
None of those tools/scans will help.

Repost:

Tundo wrote:
> bitdefender 2009 cant find anything left, malwarebytes scanner cant find
> anything at all, windows liveone online scanner cant find anything left, f
> force cant find anything left, i even did two rootkit scans, one scanner
> found a rootkit, and got rid of it. i think its gone. It would be a
> miracle
> for something to still be here. Now getting beck to my issue, how can I
> get
> the windows update service back, clean reinstall, is there a hotfix for
> this
> maybe, do I need to uninstall updates, then reinstall them?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I can assure you that you've not fully recovered from the hijackware
>> infection, my friend. If you don't want to seek the assistance of an
>> expert in such matters by posting in an appropriate forum (We don't deal
>> with this in public newsgroups, and certainly not in this newsgroup),
>> best
>> to wipe & reload.
>>
>> Good luck.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> Tundo wrote:
>>> yeah already read that, was looking for a more human reply, there is no
>>> malware on my comp anymore.

debss949

RE: Windows Update service deleted!
i had the same problem i have tred everythng to get my windows updates to
work and no luck

"Tundo" wrote:

> I recently got hit by a bad slump of malware on my comp, which disabled
> windows update, then it deleted the service. How can I get it back, I had to
> uninstall sp1 just to get the ballon notification to take a hike.

ravi garg

do u have norton 2009 installed at that time
u installed norton at that time and is ur window is windows vista extreme edition based on windows vista ultimate