error code 8024402c

stargazer35581

error code 8024402c
I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing working.
can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates and then
reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.
--
gina lollar

Re: error code 8024402c
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
everything hasn't included...

Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web sites:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

stargazer35581 wrote:
> I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
> working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
> and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

Alibee

Re: error code 8024402c

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
> everything hasn't included...
>
> Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> stargazer35581 wrote:
> > I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
> > working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
> > and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

Alibee

Re: error code 8024402c
Thanks for the link below. When I followed that link I was not offered an
advanced option in the Connections/LAN. The internet options are already
showing detect automatic settings. Any further help would be appreciated.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
> everything hasn't included...
>
> Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> stargazer35581 wrote:
> > I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
> > working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
> > and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

Alibee

Re: error code 8024402c
Sorry - me again - I'm new to this. Forgot to say I'm on Vista Home Premium

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
> everything hasn't included...
>
> Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> stargazer35581 wrote:
> > I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
> > working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
> > and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

Re: error code 8024402c
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread. Thanks.

Alibee wrote:
> Thanks for the link below. When I followed that link I was not offered an
> advanced option in the Connections/LAN. The internet options are already
> showing detect automatic settings. Any further help would be appreciated.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
>> everything hasn't included...
>>
>> Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update
>> or
>> Microsoft Update Web sites:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> stargazer35581 wrote:
>>> I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
>>> working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
>>> and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

stargazer35581

Re: error code 8024402c

-- i apolojize but I have vista home premiuim... i have done everything you
have said ,,, it already has automatic detect settings checked now what. I
have cable intranet, i have done alot this is really stressing me out help
!!!!!
gina lollar

"Alibee" wrote:

> Sorry - me again - I'm new to this. Forgot to say I'm on Vista Home Premium
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> > posting to this newsgroup, please.
> >
> > If you've "done everything," I don't know how we might help you, unless
> > everything hasn't included...
> >
> > Error code 0x8024402C when you try to install updates on Windows Update or
> > Microsoft Update Web sites:
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > stargazer35581 wrote:
> > > I have done everything that every one here has said to do , nothing
> > > working. can someone help me please. And can I uninstall windows updates
> > > and then reinstall it , will that help and if so how do i do it.

Re: error code 8024402c
By full Windows version, I mean that we need to know if you're running Vista
or Vista Service Pack (SP) 1.

=> Do this: Start | Run | (type in) winver | OK => Does the result list
Windows Vista Serice Pack 1?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? Is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)
is installed? What third-party firewall (if any) is installed?

Can you confirm that you've done both Method 1 (Vista section) and Method 2
in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936?

Also see/try the many troubleshooting methods here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

If all of this is beyond your technical skills:

1. Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

2. Take the machine to a local, reputable and independent (i.e., not
BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.