I have a Security problem

Renee

I have a Security problem
Please someone help me...I keep getting a little balloon in bottom left hand
side of my screen that say's I have a security problem...I don't know how to
get rid of this....
Shenan Stanley

Re: I have a Security problem
Renee wrote:
> Please someone help me...I keep getting a little balloon in bottom
> left hand side of my screen that say's I have a security
> problem...I don't know how to get rid of this...

Sounds like you have already been infested/infected with somehting. Or this
could just be the Security Center telling you this.

Your description is GREATLY lacking in information that could lead to any
sort of answer - but it easily leads to more questions - so here they are:

- What operating system are you running? (Windows XP? Windows Vista?
Windows 98? Etc...)
- What service pack do you have installed on whatever OS? (SP1a? SP2?
SP3? SP1 for Vista? Etc...)
- What is the exact wording of the message you receive?
- What icons (if any) are seen with the message? (Icons are little
pictures.)
- What antivirus software do you use and is it up to date?
- What antispyware software do you use and is it up to date?
- Have you performed a full scan with both of those asked about directly
above this question?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: I have a Security problem
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Renee wrote:
> Please someone help me...I keep getting a little balloon in bottom left
> hand
> side of my screen that say's I have a security problem...I don't know how
> get rid of this....

Nick

Re: I have a Security problem

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Sounds like you have already been infested/infected with
> something. Or this could just be the Security Center telling you
> this.
>
> Your description is GREATLY lacking in information that could lead
> to any sort of answer - but it easily leads to more questions - so
> here they are:
>
> - What operating system are you running? (Windows XP? Windows
> Vista? Windows 98? Etc...)
> - What service pack do you have installed on whatever OS? (SP1a?
> SP2? SP3? SP1 for Vista? Etc...)
> - What is the exact wording of the message you receive?
> - What icons (if any) are seen with the message? (Icons are little
> pictures.)
> - What antivirus software do you use and is it up to date?
> - What antispyware software do you use and is it up to date?
> - Have you performed a full scan with both of those asked about
> directly above this question?

Nick wrote:

Yes, Nick?

--