i need to clean the system

E & Moran

i need to clean the system
i, need windows 2003 program up dataing true web .besause this program
is bloking mi, to open system tool.
i, need to clean the my pc sytem . my cp is very slow.
I'm follow the windows a show on ask my update on but requested set up
with
the CD program ( I do't had with me)
or go to web , but in don't know how to do this set up true web. or if is
ok
or to delite the program ? " i'm learning to use the computer) Thank if
any body can help me.

I, will appreciate your help
E & Moran

Shenan Stanley

Re: i need to clean the system
E & Moran wrote:
> i, need windows 2003 program up dataing true web .besause this
> program is bloking mi, to open system tool.
> i, need to clean the my pc sytem . my cp is very slow.
> I'm follow the windows a show on ask my update on but requested
> set up with
> the CD program ( I do't had with me)
> or go to web , but in don't know how to do this set up true web.
> or if is ok
> or to delite the program ? " i'm learning to use the computer)

First - type with the lights on in the room. That may help.

Second - let us know what you have...

Windows XP? (Home, Professional, Media Center, Etc?)
Windows 2003 (Standard Server, Enterprise Server, Web Server, Etc?)
(I only ask about the second because you mentioned it in your post.)

Don't know? Find out this way:

- Click on the "Start" button...
- Find and select "RUN" from the menus...
- In the "Open" whitespace area - type:
winver
- Click OK.
- At the top of the window that opens titled "About Windows" should be a
picture telling you what version of Windows you have. Record that.
- In the 'text area' of the window that opens titled "About Windows" should
be a part that starts with "Version". Record that whole line.
- Click "OK" in that window.
- Come back and post both of those things here - in response
(reply-to-group) to this message.

Next - we need to know - at a minimum - what type of CPU and how much memory
and hard disk space you have. Along those lines - here's some things you
can do to collect that information.

Find and open "My Computer"... You can do this through the "Start menu" or
sometimes it is on the "Desktop"... Just double-click to open. First we
will use this opened window to get the amount of hard disk space you have.

- Inside the window titled "My Computer" you should see a listing (of sorts)
of the hard disk drives in your computer.
- Look for the one(s) labeled "Local Disk (letter" (Letter may be C, D,
etc...) and for each one of those you find (with "Local Disk" in their
name) - right-click (click on it using the right mouse button instead of the
left) on the name and choose "Properties" from the menu that appears.
- A window titled "Local Disk (Letter Properties" should appear. It
should automatically select the "General" tab across the top (look like it
is out front of the other tabs - like in a file-folder/filing cabinet
setup) - if not - click (left-button) on the tab titled "General".
- In the tab titled "General", you should see three pieces of information
you should report back here for each of the local disks you find:
- Used Space
- Free Space
- Capacity
- When done copying that information down for a given "Local Disk" - click
"OK" at the bottom of the window to close it.

Again - using the opened "My Computer" window... we will now find out how
much memory and what speed CPU you might have.
- Looking at the "My Computer" window - at the top-most left corner is a
small icon that looks like a computer monitor. Right-click (click on it
using the right mouse button instead of the left mouse button) on that
little icon.
- From the menu that appears, choose "Properties"...
- You should shortly see a window titled "System Properties" - with many
tabs across the top-most area. Click on the "General" tab to ensure that is
the selected tab...
- Copy the part near the bottom right area titled "Computer:" and post that
here.

With all of that given - see if you cannot better explain what it is you are
attempting to do - include *why* you are attempting to do this - as even
that may help us understand your situation better.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP