Re: KB938127

[Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]

1. Save the following download to your desktop:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-9421A0C52C9F

2. Double-click on the saved file to install it.

If still no joy...

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Suvi wrote:
> I have made several attempts to install this update. This AM I received
> the
> error message: Files from the package are incompatible with files on your
> system. I am running XP Pro SP3. I keep my system fully updated so what is
> the problem?

Suvi

Re: KB938127

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 1. Save the following download to your desktop:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-9421A0C52C9F
>
> 2. Double-click on the saved file to install it.
>
> If still no joy...

> Support for Windows Update:

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>

> Suvi wrote:
> > I have made several attempts to install this update. This AM I received
> > the
> > error message: Files from the package are incompatible with files on your
> > system. I am running XP Pro SP3. I keep my system fully updated so what is
> > the problem?

> The update will not install. I have a Microsoft ID number and followed the instructions sent to me but it still won't install even in Safe Mode. I sent them the files requested and am waiting to hear back from them.

Re: KB938127
Suvi wrote:
>>> I have made several attempts to install this update. This AM I received
>>> the
>>> error message: Files from the package are incompatible with files on
>>> your
>>> system. I am running XP Pro SP3. I keep my system fully updated so what
>>> is
>>> the problem?

>> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>
>> 1. Save the following download to your desktop:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-9421A0C52C9F
>>
>> 2. Double-click on the saved file to install it.
>>
>> If still no joy...

>> Support for Windows Update:
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

> The update will not install. I have a Microsoft ID number and followed the
> instructions sent to me but it still won't install even in Safe Mode. I
> sent them the files requested and am waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you for your feedback. Please keep us informed on your progress.

Suvi

Re: KB938127

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> >> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
> >>
> >> 1. Save the following download to your desktop:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-9421A0C52C9F
> >>
> >> 2. Double-click on the saved file to install it.
> >>
> >> If still no joy...
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> >> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> >> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

> > The update will not install. I have a Microsoft ID number and followed the
> > instructions sent to me but it still won't install even in Safe Mode. I
> > sent them the files requested and am waiting to hear back from them.

> Thank you for your feedback. Please keep us informed on your progress.
>
> This issue was f-i-n-a-l-l-y resolved last evening. I was to use Spuninst.exe to uninstall IE7, reinstall IE7, then download and install KB938127. There were no error messages and KB938127 is now listed in Add/Remove. Thank you for your assistance.

Re: KB938127
Suvi wrote:

>>> The update will not install. I have a Microsoft ID number and followed
>>> the
>>> instructions sent to me but it still won't install even in Safe Mode. I
>>> sent them the files requested and am waiting to hear back from them.

> Thank you for your feedback. Please keep us informed on your progress.
>
> This issue was f-i-n-a-l-l-y resolved last evening. I was to use
> Spuninst.exe to uninstall IE7, reinstall IE7, then download and install
> KB938127. There were no error messages and KB938127 is now listed in
> Add/Remove. Thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

MB938127 (MS07-050) was revised on 26 Aug-08 to include IE7 running in WinXP
SP3. I you couldn't install it manually and you were able to
uninstall/reinstall IE7, IE7 was installed after you'd installed WinXP SP3
and you must have had a horked original install of IE7.
--
~PA Bear