Install Shield Update Manager GUI Blank

Chatelaine

Install Shield Update Manager GUI Blank
Somehow SP3 was downloaded on my computer, and with it came the Install
Shield Update Manager, which has been kind of a pain in the behind. Lately,
when it prompts me, and I click on it, the GUI is blank. How do I
uninstall/reinstall it? Thanks for any and all intelligent suggestions.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Install Shield Update Manager GUI Blank
No, Install Shield Update Manager is from a 3rd party, not MS.
If you know what it's attempting to install you can run the Windows
Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the installation information
from the installer cache. This would stop ISUM from being a 'pain in the
derriere'

SP3 was 'somehow' downloaded and applied because the Automatic Updates
setting allowed it to. However, one *must* agree to the EULA for it to
install, thus, 'someone somehow', clicked Agree.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Chatelaine wrote:

> Somehow SP3 was downloaded on my computer, and with it came the Install
> Shield Update Manager, which has been kind of a pain in the behind. Lately,
> when it prompts me, and I click on it, the GUI is blank. How do I
> uninstall/reinstall it? Thanks for any and all intelligent suggestions.

Chatelaine

Re: Install Shield Update Manager GUI Blank
Thanks, Mow, for setting me straight, and for informing me ISUM is a third
party application. I'll try your suggestion.--Chat

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> No, Install Shield Update Manager is from a 3rd party, not MS.
> If you know what it's attempting to install you can run the Windows
> Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the installation information
> from the installer cache. This would stop ISUM from being a 'pain in the
> derriere'
>
> SP3 was 'somehow' downloaded and applied because the Automatic Updates
> setting allowed it to. However, one *must* agree to the EULA for it to
> install, thus, 'someone somehow', clicked Agree.
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
>

> Chatelaine wrote:
>
> > Somehow SP3 was downloaded on my computer, and with it came the Install
> > Shield Update Manager, which has been kind of a pain in the behind. Lately,
> > when it prompts me, and I click on it, the GUI is blank. How do I
> > uninstall/reinstall it? Thanks for any and all intelligent suggestions.

s|b

<http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q111006&sliceId=1>

--
s|b