kb953631

Bergold

kb953631
since this morning, this update keeps appearing to install. after being
installed, no error, but 2 minutes later, appears again, like it wasn´t be
installed. if i check the updates i have installed on my computer, it shows
up at least 12 times this update (well, its all the times i installed...)
restarting the computer shows me the update being configured, but after
windows startup, the update is there again, ready to be donwloaded and
installed...
OS: Windows Vista x86
Update number: kb953631

Any clues?
Scott J

RE: kb953631
I am having the same exact problem. Was this for Internet Explorer? It
keeps popping up telling me to install but when I go to install it, it says
it can not install. I tried re-installing IE7 but that didnt work either.

"Bergold" wrote:

> since this morning, this update keeps appearing to install. after being
> installed, no error, but 2 minutes later, appears again, like it wasn´t be
> installed. if i check the updates i have installed on my computer, it shows
> up at least 12 times this update (well, its all the times i installed...)
> restarting the computer shows me the update being configured, but after
> windows startup, the update is there again, ready to be donwloaded and
> installed...
> OS: Windows Vista x86
> Update number: kb953631
>
> Any clues?

Ron

RE: kb953631
I have exactly the same irritating problem. I've tried every which way to
install this outside of the update process (since it keeps telling me that
the update was successful in Update History even though it does not appear to
be installed) and nothing works. The only "solution" I can see right now is
to hide the update and unhide it at a later date. The one time I have
restored the system by last known good option, I did not have any of the
hassles in the MS bulletin related to this update.

"Bergold" wrote:

> since this morning, this update keeps appearing to install. after being
> installed, no error, but 2 minutes later, appears again, like it wasn´t be
> installed. if i check the updates i have installed on my computer, it shows
> up at least 12 times this update (well, its all the times i installed...)
> restarting the computer shows me the update being configured, but after
> windows startup, the update is there again, ready to be donwloaded and
> installed...
> OS: Windows Vista x86
> Update number: kb953631
>
> Any clues?

Ron

RE: kb953631
My Event Log claims that this update has successfully occurred, although I
don't believe it! I'm running Vista Ultimate, SP1 by the way.