XP Service Pack 3

Lynny

XP Service Pack 3
i downloaded the above update and then it wouldn't allow me online anymore so
i had to do a system restore to just before i downloaded it and now internet
works any ideas to why it did this?

Re: XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select Windows XP

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Lynny wrote:
> i downloaded the above update and then it wouldn't allow me online anymore
> so i had to do a system restore to just before i downloaded it and now
> internet works any ideas to why it did this?

TaurArian

Re: XP Service Pack 3
Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some
DHCP information is unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Lynny" <Lynny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i downloaded the above update and then it wouldn't allow me online anymore
>so
> i had to do a system restore to just before i downloaded it and now
> internet
> works any ideas to why it did this?

jga154

Re: XP Service Pack 3
Not an answer!!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select Windows XP
> | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Lynny wrote:
> > i downloaded the above update and then it wouldn't allow me online anymore
> > so i had to do a system restore to just before i downloaded it and now
> > internet works any ideas to why it did this?

Gordon

Re: XP Service Pack 3
"jga154" <jga154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not an answer!!!

How is several answers "not an answer"?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: XP Service Pack 3
He wants someone to do his work for him, Gordon........

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%
: >
:

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> He wants someone to do his work for him, Gordon........

And he wasn't even the OP.....

Re: XP Service Pack 3
[No comments from the Peanut Gallery, please.]

jga154 wrote:
> Not an answer!!!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
>> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select Windows
>> XP
>>> select Windows XP Service Pack 3

>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Lynny wrote:
>>> i downloaded the above update and then it wouldn't allow me online
>>> anymore
>>> so i had to do a system restore to just before i downloaded it and now
>>> internet works any ideas to why it did this?

jga154

Re: XP Service Pack 3
Sorry PA Bear. I guess I was in a rotten mood that day. I don't usually make
rude comments. I'm sure what I should have said was I didn't understsnd the
answer.