Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update

fookachoo

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
Hi Tim. Thanks for putting DL in his place. I fully support you. This guy is
obviously not very educated socially and probably stays secluded 24/7 in his
hole.

"DL" wrote:

> You dont use MS Update for drivers, use only hw manu sites.
> And then if it aint broke why fix it?
>
> "bluecrystal99" <bluecrystal99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news16059C4-94E0-4987-81E3-E5DF062E4760@microsoft.com...
> > I installed an optional Microsoft Update for
> >
> > "Conexant-Sound-Conexant High Definition Audio"
> >
> > I now have lost my audio device and have no sound. I followed some trouble
> > shooting steps and that didn't help. The updated failed to install and the
> > error detail is:
> >
> > Code 800700FF
> >
> > Any help would be great!

realcestmoi

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
Hi there,

that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it and
never taken non MS drivers from windows update. Only update a driver if it
is rwally neede.

He forgot to mention: try booting last known good configutation, use system
restore prior to the date the problem occurred, try uninstalling the update
in question or put the backup back from the image you hopefully made.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

He forgot to mention
"fookachoo" <fookachoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tim. Thanks for putting DL in his place. I fully support you. This guy
> is
> obviously not very educated socially and probably stays secluded 24/7 in
> his
> hole.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> You dont use MS Update for drivers, use only hw manu sites.
>> And then if it aint broke why fix it?
>>
>> "bluecrystal99" <bluecrystal99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news16059C4-94E0-4987-81E3-E5DF062E4760@microsoft.com...
>> > I installed an optional Microsoft Update for
>> >
>> > "Conexant-Sound-Conexant High Definition Audio"
>> >
>> > I now have lost my audio device and have no sound. I followed some
>> > trouble
>> > shooting steps and that didn't help. The updated failed to install and
>> > the
>> > error detail is:
>> >
>> > Code 800700FF
>> >
>> > Any help would be great!

realcestmoi

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
Hi there,

that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it and
never taken non MS drivers from windows update. Only update a driver if it
is really needed.