Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014

LWY

Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home Premium. I received a
message "Windows Update: Restart your computer to finish installing
important updates: Windows can't update files and services while the system
is using them. Make sure to save your files before restarting." I am given
a choice to restart now or postpone. When I restart, the same message
appears.

When I checked Windows Update, the same message appears.

When I review update history, I see
Windows Vista update KB953733 is pending
Windows Vista update KB953733 failed, on the day before
Windows Vista update KB951072 failed, the next day it installed
Windows Vista update KB954464 failed, the next day it installed

I went to the Microsoft page to download KB953733 manually and receive the
message "This update does not apply to your system".

How can I get update KB953733 installed so that I can get the restart
message to go away?

Re: Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014
Are you running Vista or Vista SP1? If the latter, did you install it
manually or via Windows Update?

=================================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB95333).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

LWY wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home Premium. I received
> message "Windows Update: Restart your computer to finish installing
> important updates: Windows can't update files and services while the
> system
> is using them. Make sure to save your files before restarting." I am
> given
> a choice to restart now or postpone. When I restart, the same message
> appears.
>
> When I checked Windows Update, the same message appears.
>
> When I review update history, I see
> Windows Vista update KB953733 is pending
> Windows Vista update KB953733 failed, on the day before
> Windows Vista update KB951072 failed, the next day it installed
> Windows Vista update KB954464 failed, the next day it installed
>
> I went to the Microsoft page to download KB953733 manually and receive the
> message "This update does not apply to your system".
>
> How can I get update KB953733 installed so that I can get the restart
> message to go away?

LWY

Re: Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014
I am running Vista SP1. I opened a Microsoft Update support incident, and
have yet to get any help. If there is anyone who can help, I would
appreciate it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1? If the latter, did you install it
> manually or via Windows Update?
>
> =================================

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB95333).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> LWY wrote:
> > I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home Premium. I received
> > message "Windows Update: Restart your computer to finish installing
> > important updates: Windows can't update files and services while the
> > system
> > is using them. Make sure to save your files before restarting." I am
> > given
> > a choice to restart now or postpone. When I restart, the same message
> > appears.
> >
> > When I checked Windows Update, the same message appears.
> >
> > When I review update history, I see
> > Windows Vista update KB953733 is pending
> > Windows Vista update KB953733 failed, on the day before
> > Windows Vista update KB951072 failed, the next day it installed
> > Windows Vista update KB954464 failed, the next day it installed
> >
> > I went to the Microsoft page to download KB953733 manually and receive the
> > message "This update does not apply to your system".
> >
> > How can I get update KB953733 installed so that I can get the restart
> > message to go away?

PJCogs

Re: Security Update KB953733 Error 80242014
I am also running Vista SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 1720. I am no longer able to
run Windows Update.

I have one "pending" update KB955287 with error details: Code 80242014.
Since this "automatic" update about a month ago, I can not run Windows Update.

I too went to the Microsoft page to download my update manually and receive
the message "This update does not apply to your system". Any body got any
suggestions?

- PJC