Vista. windows update wont' even work!

Kristinna

Vista. windows update wont' even work!
the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
come up and say that it can't
Dante

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...

"Kristinna" wrote:

> the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> come up and say that it can't

Rachel

"Dante" wrote:

> I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
> update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
> still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
> install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
> a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
> microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...
>
> "Kristinna" wrote:
>
> > the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> > they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> > my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> > come up and say that it can't

Rachel

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
Same thing going on here, update was working but now getting an error code
8072EFD. Tried turning firewall off, still wouldnt work. Very frustrating!

"Dante" wrote:

> I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
> update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
> still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
> install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
> a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
> microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...
>
> "Kristinna" wrote:
>
> > the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> > they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> > my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> > come up and say that it can't

TaurArian

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
Did you check the Time Zone?
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Kristinna" wrote:

> the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> come up and say that it can't

TaurArian

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
Not quite the same -
0x800B0100 - TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Dante" wrote:

> I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
> update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
> still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
> install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
> a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
> microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...
>
> "Kristinna" wrote:
>
> > the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> > they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> > my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> > come up and say that it can't

TaurArian

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
And for you : Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"Rachel" wrote:

> Same thing going on here, update was working but now getting an error code
> 8072EFD. Tried turning firewall off, still wouldnt work. Very frustrating!
>
> "Dante" wrote:
>
> > I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
> > update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
> > still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
> > install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
> > a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
> > microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...
> >
> > "Kristinna" wrote:
> >
> > > the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> > > they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> > > my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> > > come up and say that it can't

Nace Tech

RE: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
Sir, I"m having this same issue. You regularly suggest this Rediness tool as
a possible resolution. It however does not work with SP1 which i believe is
the cause of most of this particular error. The rediness tool correct the
error apprently, but not for our versions (SP1). Could you possibly
provide a link to the tool that corrects this issue for SP1? I provided my
error below. I have tried repairing, upgrading, registry changes,
uninstalling updates.. Nothing, I have 8 brand new dell laptops that cannot
update.

Validating signature for
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab:
2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Misc WARNING: Error: 0x800b0100 when
verifying trust for C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab
2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Misc WARNING: Digital Signatures on file
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab are not trusted: Error
0x800b0100
2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x800B0100
2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x800B0100
2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x800B0100
2008-07-31 13:24:26:763 1176 5a8 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x800B0100

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Not quite the same -
> 0x800B0100 - TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE
>
> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>
> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Dante" wrote:
>
> > I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
> > update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
> > still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
> > install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
> > a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
> > microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...
> >
> > "Kristinna" wrote:
> >
> > > the error message says that it's because my date and time aren't correct but
> > > they are. i just did a system recovery and after that when i tried to update
> > > my windows and it will search for updates and then the error message will
> > > come up and say that it can't

TaurArian

Re: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
You'll need to obtain assistance from MS Support

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for support calls that are
associated with security updates or using Automatic Updates. When you call, clearly state
that your problem is. Note any error codes etc.

In other countries, see http://support.microsoft.com/security
"No-Charge Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu for
localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

======================================

"Nace Tech" <NaceTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news644C983-A0B9-4303-94E2-0AD8E258D438@microsoft.com...
| Sir, I"m having this same issue. You regularly suggest this Rediness tool as
| a possible resolution. It however does not work with SP1 which i believe is
| the cause of most of this particular error. The rediness tool correct the
| error apprently, but not for our versions (SP1). Could you possibly
| provide a link to the tool that corrects this issue for SP1? I provided my
| error below. I have tried repairing, upgrading, registry changes,
| uninstalling updates.. Nothing, I have 8 brand new dell laptops that cannot
| update.
|
| Validating signature for
| C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab:
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Misc WARNING: Error: 0x800b0100 when
| verifying trust for C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Misc WARNING: Digital Signatures on file
| C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\wuident .cab are not trusted: Error
| 0x800b0100
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
| download package information, error = 0x800B0100
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
| 0x800B0100
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:748 1176 5a8 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
| self-update check returned 0x800B0100
| 2008-07-31 13:24:26:763 1176 5a8 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x800B0100
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Not quite the same -
| > 0x800B0100 - TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE
| >
| > Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
| >
| > --
| > --------------------------------
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
| > Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| >

| > "Dante" wrote:
| >
| > > I have the same exact problem, and also because of this it says that Windows
| > > update can not check for new updates. But before this I had a problem which i
| > > still have with an error code 800B80100 where 1 important update could never
| > > install and still can't . And now because of these errors everytime i got to
| > > a website it says that the authentication certificate failed even if it's the
| > > microsoft website. Idk what to do anymore...

Nace Tech

Re: Vista. windows update wont' even work!
Thanks, I took the laptops home and the issue resides somewhere in our
firewall. I have all update sites bypassing our HTTP proxy and have toggled
the IE advanced settings tab to http 1.1 on/off and the proxy setting there
too but something must be amiss with our firewall setting. Thanks for your
help.