Can't fix BITS - Windows Update

iMonitor

Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Code: WindowsUpdate_80246008 WindowsUpdate_dt000

OS: Windows Vista

Recently, I came to open my computer to find that Windows Vista had found
updates. When I go to install them, it says it cannot download because there
was a problem. When I look in the help section, it tells me to make sure that
BITS is started. I start BITS and retry to download the updates, but I come
back with the same problem and I go and look in the services section, and it
says that BITS has stopped itself.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or would a fresh install of
Vista (or a system restore) do the trick? Does anyone else have this problem?
TaurArian

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
See if this helps -
Bits Repair Tool -
(Vista 32 bit/x86 )
or
(Vista 64 bit/x64 version)

Otherwise: Windows Update support incident request:

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

"iMonitor" <iMonitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Code: WindowsUpdate_80246008 WindowsUpdate_dt000
|
| OS: Windows Vista
|

| Recently, I came to open my computer to find that Windows Vista had found
| updates. When I go to install them, it says it cannot download because there
| was a problem. When I look in the help section, it tells me to make sure that
| BITS is started. I start BITS and retry to download the updates, but I come
| back with the same problem and I go and look in the services section, and it
| says that BITS has stopped itself.
|
| Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or would a fresh install of
| Vista (or a system restore) do the trick? Does anyone else have this problem?

iMonitor

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Thanks for the help.

The Bits Repair Tool says that no repair is needed currently, and when I go
to the support link, it says "An unknown application error occurred. Please
try again in a few minutes."

"TaurArian" wrote:

> See if this helps -
> Bits Repair Tool -
> (Vista 32 bit/x86 )
> or
> (Vista 64 bit/x64 version)
>
> Otherwise: Windows Update support incident request:

> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "iMonitor" <iMonitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Code: WindowsUpdate_80246008 WindowsUpdate_dt000
> |
> | OS: Windows Vista
> |

> | Recently, I came to open my computer to find that Windows Vista had found
> | updates. When I go to install them, it says it cannot download because there
> | was a problem. When I look in the help section, it tells me to make sure that
> | BITS is started. I start BITS and retry to download the updates, but I come
> | back with the same problem and I go and look in the services section, and it
> | says that BITS has stopped itself.
> |
> | Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or would a fresh install of
> | Vista (or a system restore) do the trick? Does anyone else have this problem?

Engel

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Hello iMonitor,

See Kyliebrook's reply to an earlier post involving the error:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=f2d98 d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f&mid=f2d98d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f>

Good luck
-=-

"iMonitor" wrote:

> Thanks for the help.
>
> The Bits Repair Tool says that no repair is needed currently, and when I go
> to the support link, it says "An unknown application error occurred. Please
> try again in a few minutes."
>

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > See if this helps -
> > Bits Repair Tool -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> > (Vista 32 bit/x86 )
> > or
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> > (Vista 64 bit/x64 version)
> >
> > Otherwise: Windows Update support incident request:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >

> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >

> > "iMonitor" <iMonitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | Code: WindowsUpdate_80246008 WindowsUpdate_dt000
> > |
> > | OS: Windows Vista
> > |

> > | Recently, I came to open my computer to find that Windows Vista had found
> > | updates. When I go to install them, it says it cannot download because there
> > | was a problem. When I look in the help section, it tells me to make sure that
> > | BITS is started. I start BITS and retry to download the updates, but I come
> > | back with the same problem and I go and look in the services section, and it
> > | says that BITS has stopped itself.
> > |
> > | Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or would a fresh install of
> > | Vista (or a system restore) do the trick? Does anyone else have this problem?

iMonitor

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Thanks for that post.

It solved my problem. What did the trick was the 2nd factor - I had a
corrupt Windows Update temporary folder.

Thanks again!

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello iMonitor,
>
> See Kyliebrook's reply to an earlier post involving the error:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=f2d98 d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f&mid=f2d98d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f>
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>
> "iMonitor" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > The Bits Repair Tool says that no repair is needed currently, and when I go
> > to the support link, it says "An unknown application error occurred. Please
> > try again in a few minutes."
> >

> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > See if this helps -
> > > Bits Repair Tool -
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> > > (Vista 32 bit/x86 )
> > > or
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> > > (Vista 64 bit/x64 version)
> > >
> > > Otherwise: Windows Update support incident request:
> > > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > > ======================================
> > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Engel

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
iMonitor

Okay! Great, I think you are set. Thanks for posting back, and good luck....

(¯`·._.·Ǝиçεl·._.·´¯)

- -- ---

"iMonitor" wrote:

> Thanks for that post.
>
> It solved my problem. What did the trick was the 2nd factor - I had a
> corrupt Windows Update temporary folder.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello iMonitor,
> >
> > See Kyliebrook's reply to an earlier post involving the error:
> >
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=f2d98 d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f&mid=f2d98d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f>
> >
> > Good luck
> > -=-
> >
> > "iMonitor" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the help.
> > >
> > > The Bits Repair Tool says that no repair is needed currently, and when I go
> > > to the support link, it says "An unknown application error occurred. Please
> > > try again in a few minutes."

ch@ncho

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update

hi guys, i have the same problem as imonitor up here and i tryed using link
Engel posted but it's dead, i come to a site where it says "no posts added
for this"
can u please help me, i've tryed everything, i even found some posts on
regedit entries but i didn't change a thing cause i'm not that experienced
with it.
thank you

"Engel" wrote:

> iMonitor
>
> Okay! Great, I think you are set. Thanks for posting back, and good luck....
>

> (¯`·._.·Ǝиçεl·._.·´¯)
>
> - -- ---
>
> "iMonitor" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for that post.
> >
> > It solved my problem. What did the trick was the 2nd factor - I had a
> > corrupt Windows Update temporary folder.
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > "Engel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello iMonitor,
> > >
> > > See Kyliebrook's reply to an earlier post involving the error:
> > >
> > > <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=f2d98 d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f&mid=f2d98d1c-ba45-4402-b066-f03b35ca3c5f>
> > >
> > > Good luck
> > > -=-

jenn

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Hello I alson have the same problem as Ch@nco and iMonitor and am unable to
follow this link because its dead, please let me know if you can offer me
some assistance. I have tried everything I have found to fix this and get
windows update working again and nothing is working so that link seems to be
my only lead. So please Engel if you are out there help me. Thanks!

"ch@ncho" wrote:

> hi guys, i have the same problem as imonitor up here and i tryed using link
> Engel posted but it's dead, i come to a site where it says "no posts added
> for thi.
> can u please help me, i've tryed everything, i even found some posts on
> regedit entries but i didn't change a thing cause i'm not that experienced
> with it.
> thank you
>

> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > iMonitor
> >
> > Okay! Great, I think you are set. Thanks for posting back, and good luck....
> >

> > (¯`·._.·Ǝиçεl·._.·´¯)
> >
> > - -- ---
> >
> > "iMonitor" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for that post.
> > >
> > > It solved my problem. What did the trick was the 2nd factor - I had a
> > > corrupt Windows Update temporary folder.
> > >
> > > Thanks again!

Re: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jenn wrote:
> Hello I alson have the same problem as Ch@nco and iMonitor and am unable
> follow this link because its dead, please let me know if you can offer me
> some assistance. I have tried everything I have found to fix this and get
> windows update working again and nothing is working so that link seems to
> be
> my only lead. So please Engel if you are out there help me. Thanks!

<snip>

satyan333

RE: Can't fix BITS - Windows Update

Code: WindowsUpdate_80246008 WindowsUpdate_dt000

Recently, I came to open my computer to find that Windows Vista had found
updates. When I go to install them, it says it cannot download because there
was a problem. When I look in the help section, it tells me to make sure that
BITS is started. When I go acording that there was no BITS in administrative
tools. So I come
back with the same problem.