SP3

Day

SP3
Can anyone help me? I cannot install Office XP Service Pack 3. I tried
multiple times, and got two error codes: 0x8024002D or 0x80070652.

I also cannot open Microsoft Excel. When I try to, it says that I have to
place the Microsoft Office CD in the DVDdrive. This problem started a couple
of days ago, while before that time, I used excel without any problem. I do
not have the CD, since Microsoft Office was pre-installed on my computer when
I got it.

I have no idea whether these problems are related, but maybe the information
helps solving it.

Thanks
Day

RE: SP3
Don't know if you need this information too: I've got the 2002 version of excel

"Day" wrote:

> Can anyone help me? I cannot install Office XP Service Pack 3. I tried
> multiple times, and got two error codes: 0x8024002D or 0x80070652.
>
> I also cannot open Microsoft Excel. When I try to, it says that I have to
> place the Microsoft Office CD in the DVDdrive. This problem started a couple
> of days ago, while before that time, I used excel without any problem. I do
> not have the CD, since Microsoft Office was pre-installed on my computer when
> I got it.
>
> I have no idea whether these problems are related, but maybe the information
> helps solving it.
>
> Thanks

TaurArian

RE: SP3
Error Code: 0x8024002D
means - a full-file patch failed because the source was required

Options are severely limited without the original media -

You could try downloading the full file from the MS Office Downloads center
and installing. It may or may not work. There are no guarantees. Your office
program may already be damaged and may need reinstallation.

The other error code - 0x80070652 -2147023278
ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING ErrorClientUpdateInProgress

Reinstall the Windows Update Agent

See for instructions - A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

--
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009