Error number: 0x8DDD0002

Edward

Error number: 0x8DDD0002
I am the System Admin for my compouter yet I still receive this message when
logged onto my account. I am attempting to dowload fixes through Problems
and Solutions. I am using Vista 32. Any ideas or a quick fix why this is
happening?
Kayman

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:26:00 -0700, Edward wrote:

> I am the System Admin for my compouter yet I still receive this message when
> logged onto my account. I am attempting to dowload fixes through Problems
> and Solutions. I am using Vista 32. Any ideas or a quick fix why this is
> happening?

You receive an "Administrators only" error message when you try to visit
the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
Edward

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
Tried the different methods to no avail. Method 1 gets an error message:
that states it can not find nusrmgr.cpl. However, that is an instruction for
Win XP. Would there be any difference if I am running Vista? Also,
completed methods 2, 3 & 4. MEthod 5 gave me a system error 5 message...

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 04:58:00 -0700, Edward wrote:

> Tried the different methods to no avail. Method 1 gets an error message:
> that states it can not find nusrmgr.cpl. However, that is an instruction for
> Win XP. Would there be any difference if I am running Vista?

No, you really should follow the instructions

> Also, completed methods 2, 3 & 4. MEthod 5 gave me a system error 5 message...

Maybe reloading the Update Manager from the command line will fix your
problem.
http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1009&sliceId=1

Also Google for: sytem error 5 (if that is the *exact* message), it may be
useful as well.
Good luck

Edward

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
Again, tried Method 1 with the same response given: can not find..." I do
not have a network domain. I tried the included link and receive an error
message that it can not find 'C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.EXE'.

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 04:58:00 -0700, Edward wrote:
>
> > Tried the different methods to no avail. Method 1 gets an error message:
> > that states it can not find nusrmgr.cpl. However, that is an instruction for
> > Win XP. Would there be any difference if I am running Vista?

> No, you really should follow the instructions
>
> > Also, completed methods 2, 3 & 4. MEthod 5 gave me a system error 5 message...

> Maybe reloading the Update Manager from the command line will fix your
> problem.
> http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1009&sliceId=1
>
> Also Google for: sytem error 5 (if that is the *exact* message), it may be
> useful as well.
> Good luck

Kayman

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:56:08 -0700, Edward wrote:

> Again, tried Method 1 with the same response given: can not find..." I do
> not have a network domain. I tried the included link and receive an error
> message that it can not find 'C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.EXE'.
>
> "Kayman" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 04:58:00 -0700, Edward wrote:
>>
>>> Tried the different methods to no avail. Method 1 gets an error message:
>>> that states it can not find nusrmgr.cpl. However, that is an instruction for
>>> Win XP. Would there be any difference if I am running Vista?

>> No, you really should follow the instructions
>>
>>> Also, completed methods 2, 3 & 4. MEthod 5 gave me a system error 5 message...

>> Maybe reloading the Update Manager from the command line will fix your
>> problem.
>> http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1009&sliceId=1
>>
>> Also Google for: sytem error 5 (if that is the *exact* message), it may be
>> useful as well.
>> Good luck

Why are you using method 1? Its meant for WinXP and Win2000 and therefore
not applicable (isn't that a part of "following the instructions"?).
Apart from reloading the Update Manager as suggested in my previous post
and methods 2-6 in KB316524, I have no other suggestions to offer, sorry.
VeeRay

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
I get the same message, but I've been working with computers since the
1960's. He tried method one because He had tried all the other methods,
including the one you suggested. Vista won't allow you to change the
permissions required to allow you to actually use the ActiveX controls to
search for needed updates. I've tried everything legal and even considered
violating my EULA to look for a solution. I didn't decompile the OS, but I'm
reasonably certain that Vista won't update anything microsoft except Vista.
Don't waste your time looking for a solution, there isn't one.

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:56:08 -0700, Edward wrote:
>
> > Again, tried Method 1 with the same response given: can not find..." I do
> > not have a network domain. I tried the included link and receive an error
> > message that it can not find 'C:\Program Files\Common
> > Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.EXE'.

> >> No, you really should follow the instructions

> >> Maybe reloading the Update Manager from the command line will fix your
> >> problem.
> >> http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1009&sliceId=1
> >>
> >> Also Google for: sytem error 5 (if that is the *exact* message), it may be
> >> useful as well.
> >> Good luck
> >>

> Why are you using method 1? Its meant for WinXP and Win2000 and therefore
> not applicable (isn't that a part of "following the instructions"?).
> Apart from reloading the Update Manager as suggested in my previous post
> and methods 2-6 in KB316524, I have no other suggestions to offer, sorry.

Frustrated by Vista

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
I agree. I have not worked on computers since the 60's, but one thing for
sure I will tell you this: those folk up there in Redmond Washington ought to
do something about this. They are so busy worrying about who is going to
steal their precious software, that those of us who buy it can't hardly use
it. My next macihine will be a MAC and I will do my best to leave Windows
alone. I mean, you would think that as big as they are they would have
developed a strategy or something to help us get our peripihals to
acknowledge one another. It seems that as soon as I bought VISTA, everything
was true to its name. Its been a TRIP and ADVENTURE ever since.

"VeeRay" wrote:

> I get the same message, but I've been working with computers since the
> 1960's. He tried method one because He had tried all the other methods,
> including the one you suggested. Vista won't allow you to change the
> permissions required to allow you to actually use the ActiveX controls to
> search for needed updates. I've tried everything legal and even considered
> violating my EULA to look for a solution. I didn't decompile the OS, but I'm
> reasonably certain that Vista won't update anything microsoft except Vista.
> Don't waste your time looking for a solution, there isn't one.
>

> "Kayman" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:56:08 -0700, Edward wrote:
> >
> > > Again, tried Method 1 with the same response given: can not find..." I do
> > > not have a network domain. I tried the included link and receive an error
> > > message that it can not find 'C:\Program Files\Common
> > > Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.EXE'.

> > Why are you using method 1? Its meant for WinXP and Win2000 and therefore
> > not applicable (isn't that a part of "following the instructions"?).
> > Apart from reloading the Update Manager as suggested in my previous post
> > and methods 2-6 in KB316524, I have no other suggestions to offer, sorry.

poetfreak

Re: Error number: 0x8DDD0002
so are they ever going to fix this? I am about to buy a different wireless
card and go back to Linux... I had a friend say to go to XP, but it won't
work with my laptop (cutting edge...)