window update not working?

mhamrick56

window update not working?
I am getting a ox80070422 code when trying to get my windows updste to come
on it will not come on ? Also get error 1058 and had a runtime error 204 at
00784500 ? My stepson was viewing ****ographic websites yesterday when all of
this started happening ? Any help?
--
mhamrick56
Kayman

Re: window update not working?

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=115225

> Also get error 1058

Service does not start and displays "Error 1058"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584

> and had a runtime error 204 at 00784500 ?

Repair Runtime Error
http://www.regdiagnostic.com/article...ime-error.html

> My stepson was viewing ****ographic websites yesterday when all of
> this started happening ? Any help?

1.CCleaner - Free
Cleans temporary internet files, cookies, history, recent urls, application
MRUs, etc. ...
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, under Utilities
uncheck "Windows Defender".

2.Download and execute David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL:
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/

3.Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

NOTE: Registration is required in any of the below fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for
the respective HJT forum.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Hijack...moval_f27.html
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

4.Routinely practice Safe-Hex.
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
Hundreds Click on 'Click Here to Get Infected' Ad

Re: window update not working?
Judging from similar posts here in the past month or so, the behavior may be
due to a Vundo-ZLOB-SDBot infection, all of which is protected by a rootkit.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

mhamrick56 wrote:
> I am getting a ox80070422 code when trying to get my windows updste to
> come
> on it will not come on ? Also get error 1058 and had a runtime error 204
> at
> 00784500 ? My stepson was viewing ****ographic websites yesterday when all
> of this started happening ? Any help?

Gwyddno is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows update still not working
I've read and followed the advice to check BITS and Update are set to automatic and started but to no avail. I've done all that, then rebooted, but still can't get Windows to check for updates. I have the updater set to notify me which updates are available before downloading but as I've tried setting that to fully automatic and then checking for updates (didn't work) I'm guessing that's not a factor.

Where do I go from here, please?

Thanks in advance

Re: window update not working?
To avoid confusion, begin a new thread about your specific problems,
accessing this newsgroup directly via

State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1;
Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your first post. Thank you.

Gwyddno wrote:
> I've read and followed the advice to check BITS and Update are set to
> automatic and started but to no avail. I've done all that, then
> rebooted, but still can't get Windows to check for updates. I have the
> updater set to notify me which updates are available before downloading
> but as I've tried setting that to fully automatic and then checking for
> updates (didn't work) I'm guessing that's not a factor.
>
> Where do I go from here, please?
>
> Thanks in advance

Gwyddno is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: window update not working?
I did consider that but I thought as it was a continuation of the same thread it would be best in that thread. My apologies if I've upset anybody, I'll repost as a new thread. Thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Bear [MS MVP] View Post

Gwyddno wrote:
> I've read and followed the advice to check BITS and Update are set to
> automatic and started but to no avail. I've done all that, then
> rebooted, but still can't get Windows to check for updates. I have the
> updater set to notify me which updates are available before downloading
> but as I've tried setting that to fully automatic and then checking for
> updates (didn't work) I'm guessing that's not a factor.
>
> Where do I go from here, please?
>
> Thanks in advance
Shenan Stanley

Re: window update not working?
<snipped>

<entire original post>
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e19d4afcb9c65/
</entire original post>

Gwyddno wrote:
> I did consider that but I thought as it was a continuation of the
> same thread it would be best in that thread. My apologies if I've
> upset anybody, I'll repost as a new thread. Thanks for the advice

"upset anybody"? No - that is taking things to the extreme.

It's not that you "upset anybody", it's just that you may have something
different than the original posting you chose to respond to (which happens
to be a year and a half + a few days older than your response) and things
have changed since then. It's sort of like walking into a doctors office,
picking up a file with someone elses name (somehow) and reading only the
symptoms and saying to the doctor, "me too". Yet your background/history,
your current health, your food intake and so on may be completely different.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP