Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Update Install

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2008
Gisele
 

Posts: n/a
Update Install
I have reloaded my machine with Windows XP. After applying SP3 via windows
update the windows update fails to install any other updates (critical or
otherwise), it does download the update. I have rebooted, tried installing
one at a time and even allow automatic update to install but still
installation fails. Please assist. Thanks,
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2008
Kayman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update Install
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 04:16:00 -0700, Gisele wrote:

> I have reloaded my machine with Windows XP. After applying SP3 via windows
> update the windows update fails to install any other updates (critical or
> otherwise), it does download the update. I have rebooted, tried installing
> one at a time and even allow automatic update to install but still
> installation fails. Please assist. Thanks,


Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
Gisele
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update Install
Hi Kayman, KB943144 did not resolve the issue. The XP reload was a pristine
installation and not a repair. So I de-installed SP3, then manually
downloaded the patch and ran it. Now the updates are installing with no
problem whatsoever. Thank you.

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 04:16:00 -0700, Gisele wrote:
>
> > I have reloaded my machine with Windows XP. After applying SP3 via windows
> > update the windows update fails to install any other updates (critical or
> > otherwise), it does download the update. I have rebooted, tried installing
> > one at a time and even allow automatic update to install but still
> > installation fails. Please assist. Thanks,

>
> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
> installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
Kayman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update Install
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:00:00 -0700, Gisele wrote:

> Hi Kayman, KB943144 did not resolve the issue. The XP reload was a pristine
> installation and not a repair. So I de-installed SP3, then manually
> downloaded the patch and ran it. Now the updates are installing with no
> problem whatsoever. Thank you.
>

Glad you sorted it out.
FYI, KB943144 normally resolves the issue even if it wasn't a repair. Sorry
if the title confused you, I've should've clarified this in my response.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP LaserJet 1012: Update Failing to Install, Vista Constantly Fails to Install Driver T. Hulot microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 03-09-2008 02:22
Article ID: 927532 When you use Windows Update to install an update in Windows Vista, the update may not appear in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 933528 Error message when you try to install Microsoft Update on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Could not install Microsoft Update on the computer" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 934538 You cannot turn on an optional feature, install a Windows update, install a hotfix, or install a language pack on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
HP LaserJet 1012: Update Failing to Install, Vista Constantly Fails to Install Driver T. Hulot microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 08-01-2007 15:56




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:56.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120