Vista OS, XP SP Update???

TracyD

Vista OS, XP SP Update???
Hello, Please can someone help me. I have a new laptop with Vista. Microsoft
updates are set to inform me, and it keeps telling me that there is a Windows
XP service pack to be installed...?
Seeing as I am on Vista - how can this be?
What should I do please?
If I don't install it - How do I stop it from telling me every time I start
my computer?
Juan Perez

Re: Vista OS, XP SP Update???
Hi:

This update, I bet you it is the KB936330, it is the service pack for
windows Vista. My advice it is to install it, previous backup of your
persona data, just in case.

Information about Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

If you do not want to install it, not my advice, go to
start->Settings->control panel->windows update->Check for updates, and when
you are told that tehre is avavil updates, select View available updates,
select the update and with a rioght click , select hide the update. It will
not warn you any more.

--

Un Saludo
Juan Perez

"TracyD" <TracyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Please can someone help me. I have a new laptop with Vista.
> Microsoft
> updates are set to inform me, and it keeps telling me that there is a
> Windows
> XP service pack to be installed...?
> Seeing as I am on Vista - how can this be?
> What should I do please?
> If I don't install it - How do I stop it from telling me every time I
> start
> my computer?

TracyD

Re: Vista OS, XP SP Update???
Thanks for your reply Juan.
When I started up my laptop tonight and it asked me to install the updates,
I clicked "View the updates" first. It is the Windows XP Service Pack 3 that
it is asking me to install.
My guess is that I don't need to update it and therefore follow your
instructions on how to tell it not to inform me of this update again...
Do you think this is correct?
Sorry if I appear dim, but these kind of things always worry me!

"Juan Perez" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> This update, I bet you it is the KB936330, it is the service pack for
> windows Vista. My advice it is to install it, previous backup of your
> persona data, just in case.
>
> Information about Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330
>
> If you do not want to install it, not my advice, go to
> start->Settings->control panel->windows update->Check for updates, and when
> you are told that tehre is avavil updates, select View available updates,
> select the update and with a rioght click , select hide the update. It will
> not warn you any more.
>
> --
>
> Un Saludo
> Juan Perez
>

> "TracyD" <TracyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, Please can someone help me. I have a new laptop with Vista.
> > Microsoft
> > updates are set to inform me, and it keeps telling me that there is a
> > Windows
> > XP service pack to be installed...?
> > Seeing as I am on Vista - how can this be?
> > What should I do please?
> > If I don't install it - How do I stop it from telling me every time I
> > start
> > my computer?

Juan Perez

Re: Vista OS, XP SP Update???
Hi Tracy:

Jesus, I will be concern also. If you have windows vista and your are asked
to install a SP form Windows XP, it is odd issue. Well done in any case.

I hope all will be fine from here with your laptop and vista.

--

> Thanks for your reply Juan.
> When I started up my laptop tonight and it asked me to install the
> updates,
> I clicked "View the updates" first. It is the Windows XP Service Pack 3
> that
> it is asking me to install.
> My guess is that I don't need to update it and therefore follow your
> instructions on how to tell it not to inform me of this update again...
> Do you think this is correct?
> Sorry if I appear dim, but these kind of things always worry me!
>
> "Juan Perez" wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> This update, I bet you it is the KB936330, it is the service pack for
>> windows Vista. My advice it is to install it, previous backup of your
>> persona data, just in case.
>>
>> Information about Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330
>>
>> If you do not want to install it, not my advice, go to
>> start->Settings->control panel->windows update->Check for updates, and
>> when
>> you are told that tehre is avavil updates, select View available updates,
>> select the update and with a rioght click , select hide the update. It
>> will
>> not warn you any more.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Un Saludo
>> Juan Perez
>>

>> "TracyD" <TracyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, Please can someone help me. I have a new laptop with Vista.
>> > Microsoft
>> > updates are set to inform me, and it keeps telling me that there is a
>> > Windows
>> > XP service pack to be installed...?
>> > Seeing as I am on Vista - how can this be?
>> > What should I do please?
>> > If I don't install it - How do I stop it from telling me every time I
>> > start
>> > my computer?

Juan Perez

Re: Vista OS, XP SP Update???
Hi Tracy:

Do you have the KB number that it is trying to be installed? Just curious.