windows vista

Rolly

windows vista
I have a laptop i purchased from Best Buy and I never really used it much but
my main tower went so i am forced to use it now until i resolve my desktop
issues.

So I went to update my vista on the system and it goes to the validation
tool and comes back and tells me that the licence is invalid.

how is this possible on a store bought computer?

it did come with a seperate upgrade licence disk but isnt the copy of vista
on a new laptop authentic?

Re: windows vista
What has BestBuy had to say about all this?

Rolly wrote:
> I have a laptop i purchased from Best Buy and I never really used it much
> but my main tower went so i am forced to use it now until i resolve my
> desktop issues.
>
> So I went to update my vista on the system and it goes to the validation
> tool and comes back and tells me that the licence is invalid.
>
> how is this possible on a store bought computer?
>
> it did come with a seperate upgrade licence disk but isnt the copy of
> vista
> on a new laptop authentic?

ELW

Re: windows vista

"Rolly" <Rolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop i purchased from Best Buy and I never really used it much
>but
> my main tower went so i am forced to use it now until i resolve my desktop
> issues.

I'm curious how long it's been since you got it from Best Buy.....

In any case, take it to their Geek Squad. I think they'd be glad to help --
it's their job.

Re: windows vista
<pft> Pay with a major credit card if you do!