Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

cajun_lost

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)
I am a new user of Vista on my new laptop. I keep getting this 'Important'
update from Windows Update for Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I have run
this update multiple times over the last few weeks with the same result.
After installing and rebooting I get into a loop which does not let Windows
start. I keep getting a message of a 'critical error' and the system reboots
within one minute. I've tried multiple 'solutions' to no avail. One solution
indicated that I needed to replace my hard drive. I have to go into Safe mode
and uninstall the update and then the computer works properly. Is anyone else
experiencing this problem? Is this service pack really that 'important'? I am
new to using Vista; I had no such problems when using XP on my desktop.

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
"Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

cajun_lost wrote:
> I am a new user of Vista on my new laptop. I keep getting this 'Important'
> update from Windows Update for Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I have run
> this update multiple times over the last few weeks with the same result.
> After installing and rebooting I get into a loop which does not let
> Windows
> start. I keep getting a message of a 'critical error' and the system
> reboots
> within one minute. I've tried multiple 'solutions' to no avail. One
> solution indicated that I needed to replace my hard drive. I have to go
> into Safe mode and uninstall the update and then the computer works
> properly. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is this service pack
> really that 'important'? I am new to using Vista; I had no such problems
> when using XP on my desktop.

AnvilRaiser

RE: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)
AnvilRaiser

Hi, im a new user of vista and when a download the this service pack, my
security dont recognise it. That can be a trouble in the future if this
driver is important.