again my security update for mql server 2000

Solej

again my security update for mql server 2000
Product code : KB948110

Error code : 0x2C24

I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
should I do?

PeteJ

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Same problem here (SBS 2003 SP2).

"Solej" wrote:

> Product code : KB948110
>
> Error code : 0x2C24
>
> I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> should I do?

Diana

Re: again my security update for mql server 2000
Hello Folsk,

Please call 1-800-936-4900 and open a case and ask to be routed to the
SQL-Public Team.

There is no charge for the case.

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

"PeteJ" <PeteJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Same problem here (SBS 2003 SP2).
>

> "Solej" wrote:
>
>> Product code : KB948110
>>
>> Error code : 0x2C24
>>
>> I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
>> should I do?

Johnnycat

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
installed after the change. I hope it works for you.

"Solej" wrote:

> Product code : KB948110
>
> Error code : 0x2C24
>
> I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> should I do?

KLA

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Johnnycat--This worked the first time, immediately. Thank you very much for
volunteering the solution. Much appreciated!

"Johnnycat" wrote:

> Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
> resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
> disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
> it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
> installed after the change. I hope it works for you.
>
> "Solej" wrote:
>
> > Product code : KB948110
> >
> > Error code : 0x2C24
> >
> > I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> > should I do?

KDA

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
This worked for me. Thanks for the post.

"Johnnycat" wrote:

> Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
> resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
> disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
> it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
> installed after the change. I hope it works for you.
>
> "Solej" wrote:
>
> > Product code : KB948110
> >
> > Error code : 0x2C24
> >
> > I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> > should I do?

eug

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Worked for me too! Good stuff.

"Johnnycat" wrote:

> Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
> resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
> disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
> it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
> installed after the change. I hope it works for you.
>
> "Solej" wrote:
>
> > Product code : KB948110
> >
> > Error code : 0x2C24
> >
> > I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> > should I do?

Adrianww

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Johnnycat you're a 100% Grade AAA star. Worked like a charm!

"Johnnycat" wrote:

> Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
> resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
> disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
> it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
> installed after the change. I hope it works for you.
>
> "Solej" wrote:
>
> > Product code : KB948110
> >
> > Error code : 0x2C24
> >
> > I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> > should I do?

nobster

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
For me the SQL$SBSMON... service was already set to Manual, not Disabled.

I found that after I ran the Monitoring Configuration Wizard in Server
Management I could apply the update. Thanks for the pointer.

Hope that helps someone!

nobs

"Johnnycat" wrote:

> Not sure of your configuration, etc., but I had the same issue and the way I
> resolved it was to go into services and change the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from
> disabled to manual and this allowed the update to be installed. Then again,
> it might have just been a fluke, but that's all I did and the update
> installed after the change. I hope it works for you.
>
> "Solej" wrote:
>
> > Product code : KB948110
> >
> > Error code : 0x2C24
> >
> > I constantly get the message that the update cannot be installed. What
> > should I do?

GNP

RE: again my security update for mql server 2000
Worked for me. THANKS!!!!!!!!